“Spot on Location”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #87 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great mid town location - easy to walk or travel to all tourist attractions.
Hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly and are happy to assist with advice or reservations etc. Hotel check in/out was a good experience - offering a thorough explanation of everything you needed to know.
Rooms are adequate, clean and have everything you need. I had a City View room on the 17th floor - with a great view of the Empire State Building - but beware, a city view means no curtains!
There are plenty of options locally for food or drinks, with the local bars being popular for both.

Room Tip: NY never sleeps - so get a room as high as possible, as you do get a fair amount of external noise...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Russ,

Thanks for taking a moment to write a review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful and friendly. I'm also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our stunnning view of the Empire State Building. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC, and greatly appreciate you choosing The Hilton Garden Inn/West 35th Street. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Best Location. Three min walk to Penn station. Across the road from Macys, one minute from the Empire State Building and a subway at the doorstep. Helpful and friendly staff, great service. Rooms are small but for NYC, good value. Clean, comfortable and soundproof rooms. Have stayed here five times in a row.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Thanks for the great review! I'm delighted to hear that you have chosen to stay with us for your 5th straight trip to NYC, and that you find our location to be perfect. I look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th straight visit soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Another great experience at this location. Service is great especially in the restaurant for breakfast. They make you feel at home for a semi self-service. Each morning they welcome you back. I travel a lot and would rather this location than a full Hilton or Marriott. Location is very good to walk and subway locations. Lobby has cocoa, coffee and jelly bellys throughout the day. A nice touch. Fitness center is larger than expected. They seem to be able to take care of people as required business and personal travelers. Rooms are efficient! Not too big but you are going to visit New York not your room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our property. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful, and will definitely let the restaurant staff know of your appreciation. I hope to have the opportuntiy to welcome you back to our property soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is all about the location. It's situated in a great spot right near the metro and opposite Macy's. I stayed here for Thanksgiving and the rate was very high. Check in was a slow process. Had to come back 3 times before my room was ready even though the staff were welcoming enough. In fact most days the rooms weren't cleaned until late afternoon. The room itself was small but I was situated on a high floor so it was quiet. It had a nice view of the Empire State Building which was a bonus. I ate breakfast in the hotel once and it was pretty ordinary. Free coffee and tea in the lobby was nice and the Wi-Fi worked fine and was free.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Aussie1313,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered when trying to check-in to your room. We do try and get our guests into their rooms as soon as they become available and are definitely disappointed that you had such trouble checking-in. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property soon, and ensure that your check-in process is quick and smooth, and your entire stay is perfect.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I go to NY every month for business and Hilton Garden Inn on 63west 35th street is my home away from home. Warm reception when I come in. The staff is amazing and always very helpful. During my last stay, Andrew was very helpful and efficient sorting out my reservation and questions. Thank you and keep up the good work

The rooms are not big but always very clean and tidy. The location is great and central to everything in Manhattan.

I definitely recommend it.

Helen

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Helen,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write an excellent review of our property. We're so happy to hear that you consider HGI35 to be your home away from home! I will happily let Andrew know how much you appreciate his help, as well of the rest of our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a long weekend stay in December – something we’d wanted to try for a long time. New York City on a December weekend is a fun, albeit super crowded, experience. The Hilton Garden Inn was a good choice. Not great, but truly good.

The pros: a very clean hotel, super friendly staff, a fairly large room (once we refused the XX02 room), and great location in Midtown, just blocks from Macy’s.

The cons: I booked at one price, and then checked the rate the day before we arrived (but after the cancelation deadline). The rate had dropped by $50 per night, but when I called both the Hilton toll-free number and the hotel, they all refused to reduce the rate to the new rate – even for me as a HHonors Gold Member, which left a bad taste in my mouth. The breakfast buffet is $16.95 per person –make sure you book a room package that includes breakfast to avoid a $40 upcharge (with tip, for a party of two), per night.

Overall a great choice in Midtown. Just watch your rate up to the cancellation deadline and cancel/rebook to get the lower rate, if you can.

Room Tip: stay away from XX02 rooms, as they are tiny rooms...check your room upon arrival and if it's too...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Louis,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful. I hope the cold weather and crowds didn't scare you off and that you decide to return to our property in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and making sure your next stay is PERFECT.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Great hotel. Great staff. Great price (less than half of usual rate for three days prior to Thanksgiving). Our city view room faced the Empire State Building (awesome night-time pics).
24-hour fitness center was nice, too.

Room Tip: If you get city view room, ask for one facing the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Edward,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Thanks for the great review! I'm so happy you had such a great stay and that you were able to enjoy our unbelivable views of the Empire State Building. I will let the rest of our staff know how much you appreciated their hard work and dedication to our guests. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.