“Perfect location, pleasant experience”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #86 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here overnight prior to a trip overseas. We were warmly welcomed by the front desk and found an attractive, modern room with a decent amount of space, good bathroom. We were on 16th floor and appreciated the very fast elevators. Great room feature--lots of electrical outlets, at least 8 plugs in the main room. We went out for breakfast around the corner. Taxis frequently stopped out front. Location is great for walking--we walked south to the village, east to Gran Central Station, and were reminded why NYC is a fun place to visit. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Arttrekker,

Thanks for the amazing review! I'm so happy to hear that our location was PERFECT for all of your travel needs. Hopefully during your next trip to New York you have the chance to stay with us at HGI35 for longer than just one night. There is so much left for you to see!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,350)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We recently spent 3 nights, Friday through Sunday, at this hotel. With the great off-season AAA/AARP rate that we paid on the Hilton site of about $135/night, inc the high NYC taxes that added about 15% of that total, we couldn't have been much happier.

- 10 minute easy walk from Pen Station (did)
- 15 minute walk to Times Square (didn't do - too cold)
- Steps away from a subway stop
- Well located next to Herald Square/Macy's area
- Everyone working there that we ran into were very friendly, with a hello, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, may i help you
- Good sized room for New York
- Pretty standard large hotel HDTV
- Nice bathroom with good big shower stall
- Bed that could be adjusted for firmness (standard with Queen or King bed)
- Possible view of Empire State Building (which we did have)
- Good breakfast, hot and cold, with omelets made to order - not sure of price since we had free Gold Hilton status
- An available concierge, who we didn't use but could probably take care of most of your needs while in New York
- Taxis always seemed available waiting in front of hotel entrance

One note of advice regarding the adjustable beds. There is a control on each side of the bed (not the big fancy controls of the better known, and better adjustable bed that Radisson uses), but they are hidden under the mattress sheet, such that we didn't see them the first night. Saw a small sign at Registration desk the next day that we missed when checking in that showed their locations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeofMA
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Mike,

Thanks for the great review! At HGI35 we strive for each of our guests to have an absolutely perfect stay, and we are glad that we succeeded in your case. Thanks for pointing out all of the positives to staying with us! I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon so you can add more items to your list!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was my second stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn on West 35th...I am so glad I decided to come back. I wanted to stay in the city overnight to see a show and was bringing my mom with me. Since I had stayed here in September and had such a wonderful experience with my husband and daughter, I decided to try this property again. I am so happy I did. From the moment we arrived we were treated so well. The concierge - Dwayne was so helpful and kind in helping to arrange a car service to and from the show, Thank you Dwayne, you were a delight to work with!. All the staff at the front desk were wonderful and helpful. Of course I was so happy to see my favorite staff person - Patrick during our stay. He continues to be the gem for us at this property. He is so genuine and kind. He always makes time to stop and talk with you and really cares about his guests. My mom fell in love with him, just as we did the first time we had met him.
Thank you for your kindness Patrick and good luck at the marathon!
As for the rest of the hotel, the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the service is wonderful all along with a great location. This is my go to place in NYC

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marie,

Thanks for the wonderful review! I will let Patrick know that you wish him luck on his upcoming marathon. I'd also be happy to let Dwayne know how much you appreciated all of his help. I'm glad you decided to return to HGI35 for your second trip to NYC, and look forward to welcoming you on your third!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Alex, the front desk staff on duty at the time of my check in was very courteous, friendly and always smiled. He exuded a very hospitable personality and was very gracious to grant me a late checkout. I was impressed with the exercise facility as it was more than adequate especially the larger than normal size of the exercise room and the full functional cardio equipment. The only minor piece that I wasn't sure is why the tv monitors on the eliptical machines didn't have any volumne. I enjoyed the bathroom design with the nice glass shower door which makes the room more contemporary looking than the conventional shower curtain & tub. The bed was very comfortable especially with the extra pillows. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I wished I stayed longer as I was forced to stay at a DoubleTree on W 29th due to being overruled by my team. However, I will attempt to stay at this location on my next visit because I also like the added perks of having a microwave and mini fridge in our rooms and the complimentary WiFi access.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Edgar,

Thanks for the excellent review. I will happily let Alex know that you appreciated his helpfulness and positive attitude. We recognize that you have a choice when staying in NYC, and greatly appreciate you choosing HGI35.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

A little skeptical at first because the price was so good, but when we arrived at the hotel and walked inside you couldn't mistake the value. Never thought staying at such a nice hotel could be that affordable. Booked my stay at booking.com and got a great deal. Look forward to recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Alex,

Wow! Thanks for the wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you found great value in your stay with us. We look forward to having the chance to welcome all of your family and friends to our property in the near future, as well as your next visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

If you want a great nights sleep and be very close to tourist attractions this hotel is defiantly for you. the beds have a control on the side so you can either make it harder or softer witch was fantastic, great bathroom and shower was lovely and hot, great amenities in the room also right outside our window was the empire state building and literally across the street in the world famous Macys, the location is fantastic the food was great and its only $5 to times square (we tried to walk it but got lost!) I would highly recommend this hotel for couples, family, and business people.

Room Tip: All rooms have a fantastic view of the city!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Alii,

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our rooms, specifically our Garden Sleep System Beds and our great showers. I look forward to welcoming you back to HGI35 in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel has no pool and very average breakfast food and very small rooms and bathroom. Its room space and amenteties certainly not up par to most of the hilton garden inns I have stayed at. But its the NYC. room space comes at a premium. The price of this Hilton garden inn and the location is probably the only positive aspect of this hotel. If you were on budget and want a decent clean place just to sleep and still be close to everything else(shopping, subway station, attractions) This is your choice.
They should treat their diamond member more nicely, I didnt feel any special being a diamond member, no gift or upgrade of the room.

Room Tip: ask if they have a suite
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Weihao L

Dear Weihao,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm sorry that you did not feel appreciated as a loyal Hilton Honors Diamond Member. I can assure you that at HGI35, we greatly appreciate our Hilton Honors Diamond Members. I hope that you decide to return to our property so that I can prove that point to you.