“Enjoyed my stay in NYC”

Ranked #81 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Torrance, California
“Enjoyed my stay in NYC”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Hotel was nice and location was great. Quite expensive but I guess that's NYC.
Just wanted to put in a good word for Dwayne, the concierge who helped my wife and I order a birthday cake for my brother from Crumbs bakery. He was very helpful and very nice.

Pillows could be a little better. They're too soft.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear philfourthirteen,

Thank you for the review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also thrilled to hear that our Concierge, Dwayne, was able to help your wife order a birthday cake for your brother. I hope the birthday celebration went well while you were in NYC. I will pass along your generous words to him.

Our goal is to provide exceptional service to each guest and a perfect FIVE STARS stay. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn New York / West 35th Street

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville,Fl., United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I'm not sure of nyc rating system. By some "experts" this hotel was only given a 2 or 3 star ranking. Boy were they WRONG. I would stay there despite the number of hotels in the area. Everything was superb!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Julian M
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Julian M,

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a perfect FIVE STAR stay. We take great pride in providing a perfect experience and I am happy that we were able to achieve that with you.

We sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback and thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn, but certainly won't be my last. The room was clean and more spacious than I expected considering this is Manhattan !

The in-room coffee making facilities were great, but not as nice as the one in the lobby :-)

Overall no complaints at all :-)

Room Tip: Pay extra for the city view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for excellent review! I am delighted to hear that the room was clean and spacious to your satisfaction. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our in-room Keurig coffee machines.

Our goal is to provide a perfect FIVE STAR experience for every guest and I am glad that we were able to achieve that with you. Thank you for being our guest and choosing us when travelling to NYC.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect as your last. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Garden Inn New York/ West 35th Street
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a great hotel my stay is nothing less than fantastic; From the first sit in to the hotel I received the best service from the door man asking if I need any help with my bag and by being a personal guide to help you navigate through the hotel. The front desk attended Dajuan catered to my ever need and made me feel like I was the most important visitor, He was "great". It was hard for me to believe that he is like this all the time but I have been watching him for the past few day and he treats all of the customers this way, he greets with a smile, binds over backwards to ensure complete satisfaction, and as you come in contact with him throughout the day he ask if you need anything. I will come to this hotel every time I come to NYC.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
South Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here again, and would stay here forever if I could. The two of us stayed on the 31st floor last time and had a great view of the city. This time we stayed on the 24th with a view of the biggest and the most beautiful nightlight, the Empire State Building! One night we just laid down in front of the window and fell asleep staring at it. We would recommend this great place to everyone. Alex and the great staff at the desk can make anyone feel at home, while they're away from home. We needed to make a rehearsal at Lincoln Center and we were running late and did not have time to grab something to eat. Luckily the Hilton had their Pavilion pantry Market were we could grab one of their Snack bags that have an apple,yogurt,water, apple juice and a granola bar in it. It was a life saver. We also had a chance to use the Business Ctr.
for work that needed to get done while we were away.Everyone was so helpful and nice. This is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms offer the best views of the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LoryJA,

Thank you for the fabulous review! It was a pleasure to see you again. I am glad that your performance at Lincoln Center went exceptionally well! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room which was overlooking Empire State Building. I agree that the view is spectacular from there and I would happily fall asleep gazing at it as well.

We sincerely appreciate your gracious feedback about our team, particularly, Alex who made your stay memorable. I will certainly pass along your praise to him. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boston
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently stayed at this HGI for a weekend getaway and I was very impressed by the conscientious service received. It started with an advance email welcoming us to the hotel, and providing a contact should we have any questions or issues. When making the online reservation, we opted to upgrade to a larger room if available for a bargain price of $15/night. When we arrived at check in time, the room was not ready, and we had to wait a bit less than an hour (which we did in Macy’s just steps away). When we returned, we were greeted with not only a sincere apology, but a free breakfast voucher for two to compensate for the inconvenience (which was actually worth more than the upgrade charge). This accommodating attitude extended to the wait staff in the restaurant, as well as the luggage attendant. Its clear management has established service as a priority here, and it’s always re-assuring (and a great way to build customer loyalty) when an organization does the right thing without having to ask! We were given a spacious (by NYC standards) top floor room with a nice city view. Being a newer property, the overall condition of both the room and common areas is very good, and housekeeping definitely has its act together, as our room was spotlessly clean. The only negative we experienced is some mechanical noise from the elevator (our room was adjacent to the shaft). While it was not enough to be bothersome, it was definitely noticeable and could have been an issue for light sleepers. That aside, overall it was a very positive experience at a competitive price, and I’ll be back on my next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the elevator shaft
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear dan339g,

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I am thrilled to hear that our team was able to provide you with a friendly and attentive service during your stay. I am truly sorry about your experience at check-in but I am happy to hear that our Front Office team was able to compensate you with breakfast for the inconvenience. Furthermore, thank you for bringing the elevator noise to our attention. I have addressed the issue to our Engineering team and we are currently finding solutions to minimize it.

Our goal is to provide a FIVE STAR experience to every guest and I am glad that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Greenville, SC
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

There were mostly positives. First I commend Élan for giving me exactly what I asked for in room location. My five year old is obsessed with the Empire State Building and he gave us a room looking directly at it! Each night my son could see the lights twinkle. It was wonderful. The location is perfect. You are walking distance to so many things and a great central location for the whole area. Also there is a subway entrance right outside the hotel which is nice. Breakfast is good and front desk staff very nice. The maids seem on top of things so the rooms are clean. Of course the rooms aren't big, but no hotel room in New York really is. The only two things I had were first our room key had to be re-keyed five times in three days. Literally. Twice in one day. Just sort of a pain to get to the 29th floor and find out once again it doesn't work. Second the concierge could work on her people skills. Seems knowledgable but isn't as personable as what I normally expect from Hilton. Otherwise a nice stay.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Brannonc,

Thank you for the review! I am delighted to hear that your five year old son enjoyed the Empire State Building view room. Also it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our location as it was easily accessible to your needs and that breakfast met to your satisfaction. In addition it is pleasant to hear that our Front Desk team were friendly and accomodating to your needs.
However, I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with the conceirge and the room keys which were not working properly. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure to pay a special attention to your reservation and provide a perfect FIVE STARS stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn New York/ West 35th Street