“Nice place closed to Macy”

Ranked #81 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Malaysia
“Nice place closed to Macy”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The rooms clean and nice , the room come with breakfast which was very delicious ,the staff of over all their very nice ,the only when I came in the front office person one staff I can't call name was not well know the product so what benefit for HHonors so I feel they need to be brief by HR or the manger in charge .

Room Tip: I feel you should have the high level to city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Felix O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Myvision58,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! I'm sorry to see that you encountered an issue with HHonors at the front desk, do you recall what the question was? I would be happy to answer ANY hhonors question for you, and have communicated with my team that when we don't know an answer to find the answer and follow up with the guest. We are normally quite good at this, but I apologize to hear that we dropped the ball in this instance. When you return to NYC, please ask for me and I will be happy to introduce myself and answer any and all questions you may have!

In Hospitality,

Felix O'Casey
Front Office Manager

Want your stay to be PERFECT? Reach out to me prior to arrival to ensure that your stay is FIVE STARS!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cockeysville, Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

There is one thing that really stands out at this hotel and that is the Service!
My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary and loved it.
The room was what we expected for a Hilton Garden Inn and we were not disappointed.
My hats off to the service team - Andrew, George, Alex, Melissa and Tameika (yes, I made sure I got their names).
When we arrived we were surprised to find that we were selected as guests of the day - what a treat.
And when they found out it was our anniversary they truly made us feel special for our stay.
The hotel is convenient to Macy's, the Empire State Building, Time's Square and lots of other sites.
When we go back to New York, we will definitely stay again.
Thanks again to the amazing staff and sorry for the late review.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Spero-dem
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Spero-dem,

Thank you for the amazing review! I am truly delighted to hear that you had a wonderful anniversary with us. Thank you for your kinds words about our team, particularly, George, Alex, Melissa, Tameika who made your stay memorable. I will pass along your praise to them.

Our goal is to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest and I am thrilled that we were able to achieve that with you. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was delicious.

The staff was very attentive and helpful. The business center was helpful, you could check in for your flight. Again, the staff was fantastic ~ made you feel at home.

The only complaint I could make - don't get a room facing the front of the hotel if you are a light sleeper. Every time the shuttle came to drop off residents, they would "back up" and you could hear the beeping of shuttle bus backing up. It felt like it was every 15 minutes. I didn't get a good night sleep.

Great location, close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear jingles1506,

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room and that breakfast was delicious. We sincerely appreciate your comments about our team and the attentive service that we delivered throughout your stay.I am truly sorry in regards to your experience of the elevators being too noisy as it was positioned in front of the elevator. I have addressed this issue to our Engineering team to find ways to minimize the noise levels coming from these elevators. Thank you for the feedback as we continually find ways to improve the guest experience.

Our goal is to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest and I am deeply saddened to hear that we were not able to achieve that with you. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would like to review the extraordinary service that was given to my client, my self and everyone involved by Élan Bielski, the manager at this hotel. Although Elan is young, I am sure that he will go far in the hotel industry because of the amazing service he gave to expedite a business transaction that was happening across the country! He made it possible for my client, the mortgage people and escrow officers, as well as two notaries to complete a transaction that was very difficult and included extraordinary time constraints. All of this was handled by Élan with efficiency and professionalism for people that he didn't know and may never see! Thanks again Élan!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nancy P,

Thank you for the exceptional review! It is a joy to hear that our Guest Services Manager, Elan, was able to provide you with outstanding service by assisting you with releasing of funds from your credit card. Thank you for your feedback and I will pass along your gracious words to him. We are very thrilled to have him in our Front Office team as he plays an integral role for the hotel.

We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure another perfect FIVE STARS stay. We look forward forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I love this place. I've stayed here probably about 4-5 times for business and pleasure and it's been great every time. Great location, clean, comfortable, safe and great staff. Close to transportation. Wonderful front desk people: Amy being a great host. The wifi is always perfect. It deserves all the praises and high ratings others have given the Hilton. Yes, it does take a while to get an elevator during check out times but just plan a little extra time that day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear jamasiangal,

Thank you for the great review! It is always a pleasure to have you with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoy our location as it is close proximity to everything you need and that we have a stellar team who provides each guest with exceptional service. We sincerely appreciate your back and specifically about one of our Front Office team member, Amy, who provided you with excellent service. I will certainly pass along your praise to her. In addition, I am truly sorry to hear about the elevators causing long wait times for you. It is a constant struggle that we face but our Engineering team has taken preventative measures to alleviate this issue. Such comments like these will help us improve our guest experience.

We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure a perfect FIVE STARS stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Milford, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've stayed here before...and would definitely stay again. There have been renovations since the last time we were here so it was even nicer than before. Good location for our destinations, easy access to taxis, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Linda G,

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to see you back after we finished our renovation. I am glad that you enjoyed our new look!
Furthermore, it is great to hear that you enjoyed our centralized location which was close to all your needs.

We strive to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest and I pleased that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us when visiting NYC.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure that your stay will perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Saratoga Springs, NY, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I visited New York City last weekend for the Belmont Stakes. We took Amtrack down from Albany arriving at Penn Station, a short walk to the Hilton Garden Inn on W. 35th St. The staff were pleasant and efficient, and the room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was fine. Nice place to stay and not too expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear William W,

Thank you for the wonderful review! It bring me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and the room was clean to your satisfaction. In addition, I am delighted to hear that our team had made your stay memorable.

We take great pride in providing a perfect FIVE STARS experience and I am thrilled that we were able to achieve that with you. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.