“Great location!”

Ranked #84 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here one night for a business trip. The room was clean and updated, had a desk, updated bathroom, free wifi, good lighting, great view of the Empire State building.

Check in was very quick and courteous.

Complementary coffee and continental breakfast with a newspaper is wonderful.

Centrally located within walking distance to many restaurants, shops and meetings within the fashion district. Relatively close to Penn Station, one block from MACY'S Herald Square and shopping.

Great business travel hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you don't deal with city noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Felix O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Perfumegirl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an awesome FIVE STAR review! I see you chose a picture of a cocktail as your profile picture- stop by the front desk next time you stay with us for a real one, on me! I hope this message reaches you well and look forward to hosting you for your next visit to the city!

Front Office Manager

Want your stay to be PERFECT? Reach out to me prior to arrival to ensure that your stay is FIVE STARS!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,388)

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are not as spacious as expected but it is definitely sufficient for a solo traveler.

Location is great as you are literally just less than 100 meters away from the 35th St Herald Square subway station. Also it is strategically placed in Midtown for shoppers.

Service was not too bad. I was only a little disappointed that upon my arrival I didn't have anyone to assist with my several pieces of luggage. The concierge was basically unmanned that time. Apart from that, I'm happy with the hotel overall for the price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Zoe L,

Thank you for the review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our centralized location as it close to the subway and shopping areas. I am sorry to hear that you were dissappointed with not receiving and luggage assistance upon your arrival. Unfortunately, being that we are a focused service property, we do not have any bellman to assist but have luggage carts available for guest's use. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we continually find ways to improve the guest experience.

Our goal is to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally welcome you myself and get either myself or someone to assist you with your luggage upon your future arrival. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

You've risen at the crack of dawn, ridden the train for hours, shlepped through the streets of New York City dragging your luggage in the RAIN..... and all you want is to PEE and rid yourself of your heavy bags. (WHY did I pack that extra pair of shoes that I never wore!!??)
We arrived early in the city for a quick girls getaway. 7 crazy ladies.... all needing the restroom..... which lie behind secured doors.....
Check-in isnt til 3pm.... but Phil took us right under his wing!! Admitting us to the INNER SANCTUM - which was clean! Dry! And STATIONARY!!
While the concierge couldnt be BOTHERED with us, our new buddy Phil more than made up for her coldness.
When we returned to check-in and retrieve our luggage, Phil had an adorable helper, who was just as helpful and friendly as Phil. I cannot remember the young man's name from Germany... but he cheerfully retrieved our luggage - not an easy chore with 7 women swarming around you.... wanting DRY clothes!
Germany's suggestion to visit the Irish Pub (Playwright) down the street was spot on!!!
Hotel was clean! Rooms did not smell!! And there are some lovely tables outside for some ineresting people watching!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deb R

Dear Deb R,

Thank you for the excellent review! I am delighted to hear that your stay was memorable thanks to the service provided by our Security personnel, Phil. I will certainly pass along your praise to him. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms.

We take great providing outstanding service and I am glad that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and thank you for choosing us when visiting NYC.Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure another perfect FIVE STARS stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a mini vacation and it far exceeded my expectations. When booking in NY there are so many options on hotels that it is overwhelming. But I am happy I picked this place! Staff was friendly! I was on the 17th floor facing the Empire State Building and it is a great view! Place is just great! Bathrooms are really nice. Everything is worth the money! Oh and you get your own little Keurig machine which is neat. Overall I would say it is a great choice! And it is in walking distance to Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, Chrysler building, Hudson River and of course the Empire State Building.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Qness47

Dear Qness47,

Thank you for the fabulous review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Empire State Building view and that the room amenities, specifically the Keurig coffee machines exceeded your expectations. We also sincerely appreciate your gracious words about our team who provided you with a friendly and accomodating service.

We take great pride in providing exceptional service and it brings me great joy to hear that we were able to achieve that with you. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure another perfect FIVE STARS experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn New York/ West 35th Street

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been staying at least 2 nights a week at HGI on W 35th for quite awhile now and this review is long overdue. The location of the hotel is nothing but a bonus being very close to MSG, Penn Station, and Grand Central compared to the service delivered at this hotel.

Each visit on W 35hth the staff from the top down is extremely helpful, polite, and willing to engage in conversation to make your day brighter.

From Jonathan and co-workers at the front desk providing great services to Sean at the Lobby bar making it seem like my own personal local watering hole, the staff is top notch.

I have nothing but great things to say about HGI on W 35th. I highly recommend that anyone flying to NYC on business or pleasure to give this spot a try.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Brian H,

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to have you with us. We sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty with us and I am pleased to hear that our team consistently displays engaging and attentive service to you. Comments like these are the reasons why we are in the hospitality industry. I will certainly pass along your feedback to the entire team, particularly, to Jonathan and Sean who made your stay memorable.

We strive to provide a perfect FIVES STARS experience for every guest and I am elated that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home.

Please reach out to me directly when you return to NYC for business, as I will personally ensure another perfect stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

A good, solid choice. The location is excellent; next to a subway and within walking distance of many interesting places. By NYC standards, the rooms were a reasonable size, very clean and containing exactly what you would expect. Great views fro higher rooms (I was on 27th floor). Elevators can take a while to find you in this tall, narrow building. Didn't like the in room coffee. A good choice for the price and will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bubu3,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community! It delights me to hear that you will be back, because I intend to make sure that your next stay is FIVE stars! My team and I are ready for you- reach out to me in advance so that we can make sure your next visit with us is PERFECT!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The rooms clean and nice , the room come with breakfast which was very delicious ,the staff of over all their very nice ,the only when I came in the front office person one staff I can't call name was not well know the product so what benefit for HHonors so I feel they need to be brief by HR or the manger in charge .

Room Tip: I feel you should have the high level to city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Myvision58,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! I'm sorry to see that you encountered an issue with HHonors at the front desk, do you recall what the question was? I would be happy to answer ANY hhonors question for you, and have communicated with my team that when we don't know an answer to find the answer and follow up with the guest. We are normally quite good at this, but I apologize to hear that we dropped the ball in this instance. When you return to NYC, please ask for me and I will be happy to introduce myself and answer any and all questions you may have!