“My favourite hotel in New York”

Ranked #82 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Stockholm, Sweden
“My favourite hotel in New York”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Another stay at my favourite hotel in New york. I have stayed here 5 times during the last 4 years. It is great located near Macys and Penn Station. Very kindly and helpful staff, and the rooms are good with excellent beds. You reach most subway lines just outside the hotel and macys is located 100m from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank guscro
Felix O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guscro,

Thank you so much for the FIVE STAR review and your continued loyalty to our hotel! Next time you stay with us, please let me know in advance so that we can set you up as a VIP and I can introduce myself in person. Its great to hear that we have been able to provide you with memorable experiences that have made you want to come back to us each year. Thank you again for the review, next time you are with us we will go so far to make your stay perfect that Tripadvisor will have to make a sixth star available!

Front Office Manager

Want your stay to be PERFECT? Reach out to me prior to arrival to ensure that your stay is FIVE STARS!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A special thank you to Manager checking us in - gave us a room upon arrival 28th floor, overlooking City and Empire State Building. The staff is so friendly from the front desk, restaurant, etc. - A great location to the subway and all locations in the city. I will definately stay in this location again. I have been many times to New York and my first stay here - THANKS Mr. Kwon for making our stay special!!

Room Tip: Very quite room on the 28th -
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nora T
Dear Nora T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey and recognize Andrew by name! Five Star name recognitions are a great opportunity to recognize the team member and it was a fun celebration after reading this review! We had a little snack party for the front desk, thank you so much for giving us a reason to celebrate a member of our management team that works so hard. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and can't wait to be part of your next Five Star stay!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Minor quibbles of a smallish lobby and sluggish elevators aside, I was very happy to find everything in my room was clean, updated and in perfect working condition. I'm a fan of the modern decor, elevators that require keycards, fridge/microwave in-room, decent bathroom amenities and Keurig coffeemakers. Honestly, it was "way more hotel" than I expected, with warm, professional service that exceeded expectations for my first stay with the HGI brand. My only other "issue" maybe is that I found their mattress to be quite firm for my liking, perhaps to the point of it being a consideration in planning a return visit. Overall, most everything else was so good though, I'd probably have to give the bed another shot; I really liked this place and had a very solid overall stay. All-in-all, I was impressed.

• Stayed June 2014
Felix O, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Brett,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review!! We are sorry to hear that the matress was a bit firm for you, but are happy to say that our beds feature "choose your snooze" technology, so you have the ability to adjust the firmness of your bed so that each guest can have their perfect sleep. Id you decided to give us another try in the future, I can promise that you won't regret it! I will personally take lead in creating a perfect stay for you, simply reach out to me in advance and I will make sure that you leave the hotel thinking that five stars weren't enough for the stay!

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here one night for a business trip. The room was clean and updated, had a desk, updated bathroom, free wifi, good lighting, great view of the Empire State building.

Check in was very quick and courteous.

Complementary coffee and continental breakfast with a newspaper is wonderful.

Centrally located within walking distance to many restaurants, shops and meetings within the fashion district. Relatively close to Penn Station, one block from MACY'S Herald Square and shopping.

Great business travel hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you don't deal with city noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Perfumegirl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an awesome FIVE STAR review! I see you chose a picture of a cocktail as your profile picture- stop by the front desk next time you stay with us for a real one, on me! I hope this message reaches you well and look forward to hosting you for your next visit to the city!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are not as spacious as expected but it is definitely sufficient for a solo traveler.

Location is great as you are literally just less than 100 meters away from the 35th St Herald Square subway station. Also it is strategically placed in Midtown for shoppers.

Service was not too bad. I was only a little disappointed that upon my arrival I didn't have anyone to assist with my several pieces of luggage. The concierge was basically unmanned that time. Apart from that, I'm happy with the hotel overall for the price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Zoe L,

Thank you for the review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our centralized location as it close to the subway and shopping areas. I am sorry to hear that you were dissappointed with not receiving and luggage assistance upon your arrival. Unfortunately, being that we are a focused service property, we do not have any bellman to assist but have luggage carts available for guest's use. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we continually find ways to improve the guest experience.

Our goal is to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally welcome you myself and get either myself or someone to assist you with your luggage upon your future arrival. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Lake George, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

You've risen at the crack of dawn, ridden the train for hours, shlepped through the streets of New York City dragging your luggage in the RAIN..... and all you want is to PEE and rid yourself of your heavy bags. (WHY did I pack that extra pair of shoes that I never wore!!??)
We arrived early in the city for a quick girls getaway. 7 crazy ladies.... all needing the restroom..... which lie behind secured doors.....
Check-in isnt til 3pm.... but Phil took us right under his wing!! Admitting us to the INNER SANCTUM - which was clean! Dry! And STATIONARY!!
While the concierge couldnt be BOTHERED with us, our new buddy Phil more than made up for her coldness.
When we returned to check-in and retrieve our luggage, Phil had an adorable helper, who was just as helpful and friendly as Phil. I cannot remember the young man's name from Germany... but he cheerfully retrieved our luggage - not an easy chore with 7 women swarming around you.... wanting DRY clothes!
Germany's suggestion to visit the Irish Pub (Playwright) down the street was spot on!!!
Hotel was clean! Rooms did not smell!! And there are some lovely tables outside for some ineresting people watching!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Deb R
Dear Deb R,

Thank you for the excellent review! I am delighted to hear that your stay was memorable thanks to the service provided by our Security personnel, Phil. I will certainly pass along your praise to him. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms.

We take great providing outstanding service and I am glad that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and thank you for choosing us when visiting NYC.Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure another perfect FIVE STARS stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a mini vacation and it far exceeded my expectations. When booking in NY there are so many options on hotels that it is overwhelming. But I am happy I picked this place! Staff was friendly! I was on the 17th floor facing the Empire State Building and it is a great view! Place is just great! Bathrooms are really nice. Everything is worth the money! Oh and you get your own little Keurig machine which is neat. Overall I would say it is a great choice! And it is in walking distance to Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, Chrysler building, Hudson River and of course the Empire State Building.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Qness47
Dear Qness47,

Thank you for the fabulous review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Empire State Building view and that the room amenities, specifically the Keurig coffee machines exceeded your expectations. We also sincerely appreciate your gracious words about our team who provided you with a friendly and accomodating service.

We take great pride in providing exceptional service and it brings me great joy to hear that we were able to achieve that with you. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure another perfect FIVE STARS experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn New York/ West 35th Street