“perfect spot”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #85 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 July 2014

great hotel, close to many attractions, subway was just outside of hotel entrance. staff very helpful and friendly. good breakfasts just a little pricey for me. Elevators were quick but the concierge people need to brush up on the subway system as they told us wrong 3 times.

1  Thank gleezy
Felix O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Gleezy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel! We are so happy and proud to have provided a perfect FIVE STAR review for you during your stay and would love to do so again, should your travels bring you back to NYC. I hope this message reaches you well and look forward to hosting you for your next stay!

In Hospitality,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,310)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here during the 4th of July weekend. The hotel has a great location and was offering a great rate. There are many things to do around the hotel - shopping, bars, restaurants. It is only seconds away from the nearest subway stop and only a 10 minute walk to Time Square. The rooms were nice and clean, and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

AtlantaVol,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for our first night in NYC, it is very central with walking distance to Times Square a very busy area. It seemed like a great deal when I booked online, but once I saw my credit card statement I feel it is very over priced. We were there less then 24 hours and charged $180 for the night. There were only decaf coffee in the room and we were not supplied any complementary water (another front desk worker provided the guests next to us water) . Free wifi is a good point. I feel it was over priced for what we got, small room too. Lucky we checked out and have a spacious apartment for our remaining week in nyc.

Room Tip: Level 6 is ok, not too much higher or you spend time in the lift.
1  Thank Em K
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Good Evening,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a perfect stay with us at HGI35. I hope you decide to return in the near future, and guarantee your next stay with us will be perfect. I hope to see you back in NYC soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I'm an ex New Yorker who needed a decent room in the City away from the chaos of tourists and this location was the perfect spot! My husband and I were also celebrating a milestone anniversary and we got the room we asked for. It was very convenient to the subway, great restaurants and bars. The room was just the perfect size, we only needed to sleep and had an amazing view of the ESB especially during Pride Week!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Evening,

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you were able to to enjoy your Anniversary in NYC while avoiding the big noisy crowds. I hope you choose to return for your next Anniversary! Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We like the Hilton Garden Inn family of hotels in general: they tend to be clean and the service helpful and friendly. This hotel is no exception. It's located on Herald Square, just over a city block from Penn Station, and Times Square is walkable. There is a subway station entrance almost outside the door.

The hotel staff was welcoming and accommodating. We were able to get into our room an hour earlier than usual check-in.

The room itself was tight. Not much maneuvering room; this is to be expected in an NYC hotel room at this rate. The window offered a great view of the nearby Empire State Building. The beds were fairly comfortable, but not great. Our room did not feature the firmness adjustable beds that were touted in the hotel literature. The room offered the other usual amenities; there was also a safe and a refrigerator.

The room was clean. That's my number one need.

Herald Square offers street food vendors, and there are some decent sandwich shops in the area. Around the corner from the hotel there is a McDonald's. You'll need to walk farther to get to a better class of restaurants.

This hotel is a great place for tourists: reasonably priced, well kept, and nicely located. When we checked out we had no problem having our bags held for the day while we made the best of our last hours in the City.

Room Tip: Perhaps too obvious to mention, but the higher floors will offer some buffering from the street nois...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dc888traveller

Good Evening,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. At HGI35 we are always working on improving, and we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative. I hope that during your next stay with us, you have only extremely positive things to say and that HGI35 becomes your go-to hotel for visits to NYC. I look forward to the challenge!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

ATTENTION - Hilton Corporate Policy DO NOT STAY IN HGI NYC 35th St. My wife & I checked in on July 3 for a one night stay and because we arrived early, checked a single bag in with hotel personnel (even got a numbered ticket). When we retrieved the bag, a brand new $50 bottle of perfume was missing. The bag was in our possession at all times except for the time it was checked. Upon complaining to Hilton corporate, they inform me that they are not responsible for losses - even when the bag is under their control. The manager at HGI NYC 35th St told me that they must have had 10 similar complaints in the past year, all of which did not pan out when security tapes were reviewed. Why? My guess is the thieves are smart enough to not rifle through bags in front of cameras.

I am writing this review now because I do not feel management will 'find' the culprit and because of the abysmal corporate policy. 10 incidents in a year? Really - nothing happening here? Other than that, the hotel would have gotten a 5 rating all around, but I cannot do that given the circumstances. If you stay there, do not leave anything out that you cant stand losing.

To be fair, they have not reviewed the tapes yet, but I do not think the thieves are that dumb.

8  Thank Mark P

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. At HGI35 we take our guests' security very seriously, which is why we have a security guard 24/7, cameras strategically located throughout our lobby and key-only access to our elevators in the evenings. I am very sorry that you believe perfume was taken from your luggage, and after having the cameras checked I can assure you that nothing was taken while your bags were stored with us. I understand that your trust in our security measures has been shaken, and I can only ask for another chance in the future to prove you wrong. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Clean room and bathroom, comfortable beds, so quiet at night-no problem sleeping because of the quiet. The breakfast was always very good, and the staff was so friendly and helpful-especially the breakfast staff, the cleaning staff, and the bar staff. Great central location- I would definitely recommend this place to a friend, and plan on booking here the next time I visit New York City!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family