“Happy Traveler”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #87 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My review may add more people requesting a reservation at this hotel which would cause difficulty for me to get a room but I feel compeled to add my positive experience at this hotel. The staff at this hotel is very pleasant and professional and the location is very convenient for entertainment, shopping and other activities without the maddening huge crowd near the Times Square.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Elan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Good Evening,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We aim to please here at HGI35, and we're delighted to hear that you left as a "happy traveler." We hope to have the chance to welcome you back and show you an absolutely perfect stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We spent a week at the Hilton Garden Inn, and the excellent service we received from Sami Wadud, Guest Service Manager, and Alex, who checked us in, made it very special for us. Mr. Wadud’s leadership skills and his personal attitude of “providing the guests a 5-star service”, made us feel special. I can see him moving up fast within the Hilton organization. Alex, when he checked us in, heard my daughter mention that she just celebrated her birthday, and as a nice treat, he provided “all” three of us, a complimentary buffet breakfast. Now that was special. During breakfast, Chef Richard, Mohammad and Patrick took great care of us.
The hotel’s location is great, close to Penn Station, and just a dozen steps from the 34th street Subway stop. The room, while small for us, was very clean, and having that complimentary “Chock Full of Nuts” coffee and USA Today, made it a nice way to start the morning. Overall, the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn, goes the extra mile to make their guests feel very special, and they do it a big smile.

Room Tip: Given a choice between the larger room, but not the Empire St. Building view, go with the larger roo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Felix O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Rainmaker88,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! I'm very sorry to see that we were unable to provide you with a five star experience. What could Sami or Alex have done to earn the extra star? We take great pride in ensuring that all of our guests leave feeling that their stay is perfect, so if you could provide us with feedback on what we could have done better, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I eagerly await your reply!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was 3days and two nights as I was watching the game between Puerto Rico / usa and the deal was good hotel staff, what I liked was not the company for transportation from the airport to the hotel but the rest helped me to encanto.me solve the problem. thanks, would recommend 100%.

1  Thank rafael p

Dear Rafael,

Which game did you come to see? Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out an awesome, FIVE STAR, review! All Tripadvisor reviews are read during out morning huddle and it really does make our day when we have the privilige of reading a FIVE STAR review to our team!

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just checked out from a 4 day stay here. Great standard room on 16th floor and as always very friendly and proffessional service from the front desk staff

This time I also had the breakfast buffet and it was good

Only not so good thing is the elevators - always long wait during "rush" hours

But, best location at 34st just opposite Macys and close to penn station

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank guscro

Guscro,

Thank you for the awesome FIVE STAR review! It was a pleasure speaking to you at check out and I look forward to your next stay with us! As I mentioned, please reach out to me prior to arrival for your next stay and I will be happy to ensure that you receive the VIP treatment that you deserve! I hope this message reaches you well and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

On my recent trip to NYC, stayed at this hotel. The location is great and easily accessible to the several attractions. The customer service is excelled. Sami Wadud, the Guest Services manager is a great asset to this hotel. He was very helpful and friendly.

KSun1999,

It might surprise you to learn that Sami has been with us less than a month! He has hit the ground running and done a great job, and I can say that you really made his day with your FIVE STAR review! Thank you so much for taking the time, I can't explain how proud and happy it makes our team when we receive positive reviews in which they are mentioned by name. I hope this message reaches you well- any time you wish to come back to NYC, reach out to Sami or myself and we will ensure that you receive the VIP treatment that you deserve!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hotel was very clean. The location is ideal. Shopping is at the corner. Plenty of restaurants within a few steps away. Nice nail and massage salon a few doors down. And they have cold drinks and cookies in the lobby in the afternoon. To me, this is where I will always stay due to cleanliness , location to shopping, restaurants , and the subway is a few steps away. The only thing was the one elevator was out of order and the other 2 were slow. Don't pass on this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Elan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Rosa,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We're happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us and you enjoyed our central location in Herald Square. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to our elevator maintenance, and guarantee your next stay will be absolutely perfect. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

we had a great experience at this hotel. The service was outstanding and the hotel was in a great location. walking distance to times spuare. I would like to say a special thank you to johnathan, alex, dwayne and amena for the excellent service they provided for us and made our stay extra special! they should be awarded for their excellent service thy provide.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Good Evening,

Thanks for the amazing review! I will happily let Alex, Jonathan, Amena, and Dwayne know how much you appreciated their help during your stay with us. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon!