Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Metro(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The Gregory Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Executive Hotel LeSoleil(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
5,437 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingherald squarepenn stationgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkcity viewaround the cornerfridge and microwavefront desk stafffew blockswould definitely stay here againbryant parkcoffee makercorner roommidtown manhattanhigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This was one of my go-to hotels because it's clean and centrally located. I spend probably 100 nights a year in NY, so I've been a loyal customer.

Went to check in to the Hilton Garden Inn after a red-eye from SF. I had a confirmed reservation and told them i would be arriving late. They were "sold out". So they put me in the hampton inn next door. This is the second time they've done something like this to me.

I'm done....I'll take my business elsewhere....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank DaveH22222
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

Dave hi,

I have just read your review and I am so sorry that you were not just walked once but twice. Unfortunately, there are occassionaly circumstances when we have to walk a guest. This is never good news, but to be walked twice is certainly unacceptable. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know that the appropriate steps have been put in place so that this will not occur again for any guest.

I thank you for letting me know about this situation and giving me an opportunity to resolve the matter for the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I will absolutely stay here from now on when I go on my business trips. Since I do business in the garment district, this is the perfect location. Very cozy. In room free internet. Very clean and everyone extremely polite. Thanks to Ryan at the front desk, we were checked in early and after check out they kept our luggage secured until our later flight. I only wish I would've stayed here before...Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Thank you for your 5* feedback. I cannot wait to share with Ryan your excellent comments when he returns from vacation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience.

Please return on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

We've just come back from 3 nights in a corner cityview room at the Hilton Garden Inn.

The manner of the check-in was professional and the desk staff are extremely friendly. We stayed in room 3009 on the 30th floor. There is a subway right outside the hotel but the hotal is located within easy walking distance of Times Square - via Broadway and the Empire State Building which you can see outside the front of the hotel, over the other buildings!

The room was a good enough size for the 2 of us. It had a separate bathroom with a walkin shower, microwave, fridge and a coffee maker. I made use of the free wi-fi to update my facebook and to keep my friends and family back home updated about our trip.

If you are planning a short trip, like we did, I would recommend creating an itinerary list of locations using the best methods to get there. On the first evening we walked to Times Square. Got the sub (1 line, $2.50 single fare to anywhere) to the ferry port and did liberty and ellis island on the second day. Used the sub (Q line i think) to central park the next day and walked to the Plaza hotel, Waldorf Astoria hotel, Grand Central Station before getting the sub back to Times Square. Please be aware that all subway lines don't necessarily connect so we made sure we went to a relevant station for relevant sub line.

As for round and about the hotel there are a couple of nice Irish bars to the left of the hotel entrance. We went to a diner on 38th street for our breakfasts in the mornings which did serve large portions and tended to eat out all the time. Although you can eat in the hotel we felt this wouldn't be the 'New York' way to do things.

Please get in touch if you have any questions about this hotel or any other facet of my trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the 5* stay. I will be so happy to share your comments with our team.

We do so hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

The location was absolutely perfect and the price was fabulous. We have visited the City numerous times but have never stayed. This, being our first overnight vist was a great experience, sure to be repeated. Check in was quick and easy with cheerful and helpful staff. Our room was perfect - clean- neat- and comfrontable. Great having wireless in the room. Having a fridge and microwave in the room was a saver for sure. I had reviewed the Hilton Garden Inn prior to our visit and folks were right on with their fine reviews. We stayed two nights and filled those days and nights with as much fun as we could; visiting Rockerfeller Ctn, Times Sq, Central Park and St Patricks. All on foot and we enjoyed it. The Empire State Bldg was within "arms" reach. A very short walk to Penn Station and easy to find our train home. Will be sure to book the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th St again when we hope to be able to stay longer. NYC was friendly - the Hilton was great.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

When I read that we exceeded our guest's expectations that is music to my heart. I am so pleased that you had a 5* experience with your location, the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. This is our day to day aim for all our guests.

Continue to spread the good news and we hope to see you on your return visit to Manhattan.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

really friendly staff !!! we had an overnight flight from San Francisco to NYC and arrived in a really cold and wet morning. When we dropped our bag in the hotel , we asked if we could check in early, the staff who helped us, Ryan, said that the earliest check in would be around 12 and would call us as soon as the room was ready. He called us around 10 am !!!
Thanks a lot Ryan !!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic comments we so appreciate your 5* rating and I know that Ryan is thrilled with your great feedback about the service he provided.

Continue to spread the great news!