“Couldn't have chosen a better location in mid-town”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Boston
“Couldn't have chosen a better location in mid-town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Easy on the eyes and welcoming as we arrived. Check in was quick and cookies and hot chocolate and coffee were waiting in the lobby. Our room was comfortable and clean. Concierge was helpful and friendly.
Top bed cover could have been cleaner. That was the only drawback

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Thank you for your great feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the front desk experience from check in to lobby amenities such as nightly cookies and morning coffee/tea/hot chocolate. You will be delighted to know that We are in the process of changing out all our duvet covers. Again, many thanks for your nice comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to Manhattan.

Hilda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

All of the reviews I do are from the perspective of a business traveler.

I've stayed at both Hilton Garden Inn's in this area, HGI Times Square and w35th Street. While w35th is dubbed "new" the one on Eights Avenue is just as nice and must have went through a fairly recent upgrade. The w35th location in my opinion is a overall better room based only on the shower. The shower here at w35th is the glass enclosed shower, no tub. To me that is a huge plus as I like a big spacious shower that has good lighting. Apart from the bathroom's I would say both locations are the same inside the room. Both have 32 in flat screen with most channels in a HD digital format as well as almost all channel you would get on DirecTV. No History channel, but other channels to cover you, A&E, HDNet, Discovery, HGTV, etc.

The breakfast at Time Square is much better if you are into breakfast. Time Square is actually a restaurant, Pigale, the is separate, but has an arrangement with HGI. The w35th Street is the standard HGI fare. The Time Square HGI is closer to Times Square, but the w35th street one is only about 10 blocks further in the opposite direction. If you don't mind a short walk (10 mins) then the location is immaterial. The w35th is about 1/2 block from Macy's if shopping is your thing.

If you are a business traveler and your main concern is clean, good TV, easy location, fast internet, have no fear book here or the Times Square site. I would personally stay at whichever site gives you the best rate.

1 Thank banks10000
Thank you so much for your 5* feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Equally I was happy to note that you had some great feedback about our sister property at 8th avenue I will share your comments with my colleagues there. I am glad that you loved our showers I personally love the space they occupy.

I do so hope to see you on your return visit to NYC.

Regard

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

This was one of my go-to hotels because it's clean and centrally located. I spend probably 100 nights a year in NY, so I've been a loyal customer.

Went to check in to the Hilton Garden Inn after a red-eye from SF. I had a confirmed reservation and told them i would be arriving late. They were "sold out". So they put me in the hampton inn next door. This is the second time they've done something like this to me.

I'm done....I'll take my business elsewhere....

6 Thank DaveH22222
Noelyoc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Dave hi,

I have just read your review and I am so sorry that you were not just walked once but twice. Unfortunately, there are occassionaly circumstances when we have to walk a guest. This is never good news, but to be walked twice is certainly unacceptable. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know that the appropriate steps have been put in place so that this will not occur again for any guest.

I thank you for letting me know about this situation and giving me an opportunity to resolve the matter for the future.

Kind Regards
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

I will absolutely stay here from now on when I go on my business trips. Since I do business in the garment district, this is the perfect location. Very cozy. In room free internet. Very clean and everyone extremely polite. Thanks to Ryan at the front desk, we were checked in early and after check out they kept our luggage secured until our later flight. I only wish I would've stayed here before...Thank you.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your 5* feedback. I cannot wait to share with Ryan your excellent comments when he returns from vacation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience.

Please return on your next visit to NYC.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

We've just come back from 3 nights in a corner cityview room at the Hilton Garden Inn.

The manner of the check-in was professional and the desk staff are extremely friendly. We stayed in room 3009 on the 30th floor. There is a subway right outside the hotel but the hotal is located within easy walking distance of Times Square - via Broadway and the Empire State Building which you can see outside the front of the hotel, over the other buildings!

The room was a good enough size for the 2 of us. It had a separate bathroom with a walkin shower, microwave, fridge and a coffee maker. I made use of the free wi-fi to update my facebook and to keep my friends and family back home updated about our trip.

If you are planning a short trip, like we did, I would recommend creating an itinerary list of locations using the best methods to get there. On the first evening we walked to Times Square. Got the sub (1 line, $2.50 single fare to anywhere) to the ferry port and did liberty and ellis island on the second day. Used the sub (Q line i think) to central park the next day and walked to the Plaza hotel, Waldorf Astoria hotel, Grand Central Station before getting the sub back to Times Square. Please be aware that all subway lines don't necessarily connect so we made sure we went to a relevant station for relevant sub line.

As for round and about the hotel there are a couple of nice Irish bars to the left of the hotel entrance. We went to a diner on 38th street for our breakfasts in the mornings which did serve large portions and tended to eat out all the time. Although you can eat in the hotel we felt this wouldn't be the 'New York' way to do things.

Please get in touch if you have any questions about this hotel or any other facet of my trip.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the 5* stay. I will be so happy to share your comments with our team.

We do so hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.

Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

The location was absolutely perfect and the price was fabulous. We have visited the City numerous times but have never stayed. This, being our first overnight vist was a great experience, sure to be repeated. Check in was quick and easy with cheerful and helpful staff. Our room was perfect - clean- neat- and comfrontable. Great having wireless in the room. Having a fridge and microwave in the room was a saver for sure. I had reviewed the Hilton Garden Inn prior to our visit and folks were right on with their fine reviews. We stayed two nights and filled those days and nights with as much fun as we could; visiting Rockerfeller Ctn, Times Sq, Central Park and St Patricks. All on foot and we enjoyed it. The Empire State Bldg was within "arms" reach. A very short walk to Penn Station and easy to find our train home. Will be sure to book the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th St again when we hope to be able to stay longer. NYC was friendly - the Hilton was great.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
When I read that we exceeded our guest's expectations that is music to my heart. I am so pleased that you had a 5* experience with your location, the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. This is our day to day aim for all our guests.

Continue to spread the good news and we hope to see you on your return visit to Manhattan.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

really friendly staff !!! we had an overnight flight from San Francisco to NYC and arrived in a really cold and wet morning. When we dropped our bag in the hotel , we asked if we could check in early, the staff who helped us, Ryan, said that the earliest check in would be around 12 and would call us as soon as the room was ready. He called us around 10 am !!!
Thanks a lot Ryan !!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments we so appreciate your 5* rating and I know that Ryan is thrilled with your great feedback about the service he provided.

Continue to spread the great news!