“A remarkable gem”
Review of The Milburn Hotel

The Milburn Hotel
Ranked #204 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Milburn was a real and remarkable value, even though the low price made it seem too good to be true. It has a great location - just a few steps from Broadway, with nice stores and wonderful restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops. A 5 minute walk to the subway station, and 10 minutes to Central Park. Our room was quiet and spacious, and the kitchenette made it nice to take advantage of the nearby gourmet markets.

1  Thank LesPalmer

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I noticed bad smell as I got to the hotel. I found a female staff at the desk very rude and not pleasant. She was not helpful. we booked a king bed but they gave as a queen bed. When i asked the front desk she said." your booking was through third party. We are not responsible". They refused to book a shuttle for me.They asked me to book their taxi or not at all.The hallways smell urine. The pillows were sooooo dirty that I could not sleep on. I put towel on my pillow. sheets were dirty. The toilet was broken.I took the pillow to the front desk 3 times to see how dirty they were.They sent a clean pillow. but I found the dirty pillows back on my bed the next day.dirtiest hotel i have ever been to. They don't have a swimming pool in the hotel. Guests have to walk 3 blocks to other place to use the pool. fami

1  Thank fami0
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I saw all the reviews saying that this was a good hotel. Everything seemed as though I'd be able to make the trip before my military orders were cut. When I made the reservation the lady told me that there wouldn't be any charge if I had to cancel since I was in the military. When my orders changed I had to cancel my trip a couple of days before we were supposed to leave. I was told I'd be charged for the first night. When I told the person on the phone that the lady said I would't be charged the man on the phone said he'd get back to me but never did. I had to write an e-mail to get any kind of response and was asked to provide proof of my military service. I sent my orders showing where and when i was to transfer. They said that they would get back to me but they never did. The thing that upset me was that I did everything on my end but received only a bill of 350 dollars from the Milburn. I hate to say it but feel compelled to do so. Don't trust anything they tell you on the phone. If they're willing to give false information to this nations military members they will do it to anyone else. Very disappointed in their service.

2  Thank Dante B
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

If you want a budget priced room in NYC that is clean _ larger than most in the city & in a great neighborhood then the milburn is a good choice for a short stay or longer. Convenient to subway & good neighborhood pubs. Central Park is short walk. Rooms have a small kitchenette - a real bonus in NYC for the price. Staff very helpful& there is a continental breakfast- small but u can take up to room- again free coffee in the city is rare _ would have liked ice machines on all floors- in basement & had small bits of mud or something orange in the ice- but only complaint & I can live without the ice.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Giving it an excellent rating will just attract more people and make it more difficult for me to get a reservation when I want it, because we are definitely coming back. I'd like the Milburn to have enough guests to have a good robust business, but not so many that they are booked weeks /months in advance. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We travelled to New York in July. Great room for the price. We liked the location - Upper West Side . It was close to subway access, very close to Central Park, lots of restaurants, and great food markets. Staff were very friendly and helpful . Breakfast included, free wifi in room and a/c in the room make this a great choice. We'll book again next trip for sure.

Room Tip: Larger room than expected. We had a king suite and there was plenty of room. Tiny kitchen, but frid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for five nights in July and will definitely return. The main reason we chose this hotel (aside from the price fitting our budget and positive reviews on TA) was the location, which is near to our family -- the reason for our visit. But this quiet upper west side neighborhood is hard to beat for access to transit, parks, museums, shopping etc. As other reviewers have noted the rooms are roomy and comfortable and include a kitchenette. The bathrooms are very small however. On the plus side hotel guests can use a very nice health club--only two blocks away--which has a great pool and weight room, and luxurious showers. I ended up swimming and showering there almost every day. We are already planning - and looking forward to- our return in November!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (if you want daylight).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family