“Milburn Hotel, Upper West Side, NYC”
Review of The Milburn Hotel

The Milburn Hotel
Ranked #210 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Springfield, Virginia
“Milburn Hotel, Upper West Side, NYC”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have stayed at the Milburn a number of times over the last 10 years for each of our almost annual trips to the city. The rooms have been redone over the years. It is clean, neat, reasonably priced, conveniently located and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We will stay there again - the next time we visit NYC.

Room Tip: the higher the better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Jerusalem
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel was excellent. The room was very clean with small kitchen and comfertable beds. We didn't expect it to be that good because it was not expensive. Great location very safe and close to the subway. The workers were very friendly. Only bad thing I can say is that we got the room only at 3 PM and we couldn't conect to the wifi after the check out. Other then those things it was perfect. Highly recomended!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Poesia1910
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I travelled to this hotel with my two children. We got the king suite which was a perfect size for us, and the bed was comfortable! The kitchenette was small but all that we needed. I appreciated the continental breakfast in the am. I really liked the location of the hotel as it was a 5 minute walk to the subway and Trader Joe's, and a 10 minute walk to Central Park. I would recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again.

Cat Island
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Every person who worked at the hotel was very helpful to us. Other guests were friendly and told us they felt like the Milburn was their second home. The rooms were comfortable and quiet, not to mention very clean. I will stay there again in a heartbeat next time I visit New York.

Room Tip: Our suite on the second floor was comfortable and the A/C was not intrusive. We did like the fact th...

1 Thank 421travelinman
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 August 2014

As I checked into The Milburn I was told that I'd been upgraded to a king suite. I was thrilled when I saw the suite - the living room is spacious and very well decorated, and the bedroom (with king bed) was large and comfortable with ample room for all of my belongings. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very small, but I was alone and it was fine for me. The amenities were generous and were replenished every day. The shower was like a fire hose! I loved it! There is a tiny kitchenette which I didn't use, but it had a refrigerator and microwave and dishes. It would be great for families. I very much appreciated the free wifi and the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is in an attractive room and included coffee, juice, fruit, yogurt, (good!) bagels, pastries, etc. On some days they had hard boiled eggs, and on the other days they had made to order waffles. The attendants were polite and helpful.
Lastly, the location of The Milburn is perfect. Located on 76th Street between Broadway and West End Ave., it is near to dozens of restaurants and shops and is close to both Riverside Park and Central Park.
I have one single suggestion for a perfect stay: the room lacked a clock.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank FoodieScottsdale
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our room was a studio with small kitchenette. While not huge, it was quiet and quite comfortable for two adults. As others have noted, the location makes it easy to get to museums, both on the east and west side. Buses are frequent and the subway is a short walk away. You can even walk to Lincoln Center. Shops of every sort and excellent restaurants abound in this neighborhood. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Once again - our stay at the Milburn was wonderful. The staff are all very friendly and the facilities are wonderful! Great location. Close to Central Park - great shopping and restaurants. Just a subway ride away from anywhere else in the city. Nice large quiet rooms too!