“Cute clean hotel in a great location. ”
Review of Seton Hotel

Seton Hotel
Ranked #187 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was always clean and the staff where very friendly and helpful. We left one of our purses on the airport shuttle. Da'ryl at the front desk helped us get a hold of them and checked us into our room early. In a great location easy walking distance to loys of great attractions.

2  Thank Christine M

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of Sept-start of Oct and have no complaints. Our room was small but lovely and had everything we needed, including a TV and hair dryer. Room was spotless, was cleaned everyday. Bathroom was perfect. Staff were always helpful. Free wifi in the room was a massive plus for us. You could also use in the lobby too as they provide a computer and iPad. Free tea and coffee was available in the lobby. They had a lounge (which we just happened not to use) but it looked very comfy. The hotel itself is very secure and the lift is cool! Lol!

Now the most important part, the location. This hotel is located in the best possible location in New York City. It's a 3 min walk to Grand Central Station (where you can get a train to anywhere!). Around a 15/20 walk to the Empire State, the Rockerfeller centre, Times Square, Central Park etc. There are a couple of small convenience stores which open 24 hours located on the corners (min walk).

Overall the perfect hotel for a perfect trip to NYC. I would recommend to all.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Modern, 10 - 15 minutes walk from times square and the empire state building, less than 5 from grand central terminal and the Chrysler building. This hotel is in the centre of it all. Free internet access in the lobby along with free hot drinks. We had a shared bathroom but rarely used it as you don't go to new York to live in the hotel lets be honest! The room was cleaned daily but there is no breakfast option but again being in new York city you want to eat out and try all there is on offer. When I stayed here in march the hotel had recently undergone a refurbishment and the prices didn't reflect that due to there mediocre tripadvisor account they had before they made this one earlier this year and because of that the prices were cheap as I believe they were getting there reputation to a high level. The price may not have even changed but I felt as if we had grabbed a bargain at £1,300 for two of us for a week in midtown manhattan with flights included from the UK. The staff couldn't do enough and were ever so friendly. I would stay here again WHEN not if, I return to NYC, but at the same time I do like change so I am not too sure it would be for me to stay in the same place twice, the same goes for visiting the same place twice, but after seeing NYC in winter I just cannot wait to see it in the height of summer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thanks for a great stay Seton! P.S wherever this hotel purchases their pillows you must contact me as I have never had a better nights sleep!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee F
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

A friend and I stayed at the Seton for 5 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were really nice and the rooms were modern and comfortable. The shared bathroom was always clean and the price we got for our stay was brilliant. Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kirst14
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We arrived early at the Seton and the staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming, they took care of our bags while our room was being prepared and we went to explore the city. The location is great, a minute or so away from Grand Central Station and subway stops. The room was just what we needed, a large and comfortable bed and a luxurious clean bathroom. There was unlimited complementary coffee available downstairs near the lobby and a lounge for guests. For the price it was extremely reasonable for a good quality hotel in Manhattan.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank rmdoc
Reviewed 22 September 2013

You need to accept that most NYC hotels are small in general compared to other cities. I was in town on business and needed a reasonably priced hotel, which I found using a discount site. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. In addition, it looks like the rooms were updated and the location was great for site-seeing as well. I would definitely stay there again for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl O
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What a great hotel, Brilliant location , very clean , very friendly staff and not over priced. Its not the Ritz but if you want a good location for sightseeing etc its the dogs. The staff from house keeping upwards were excellent . In fact I wish I could'nt give it a great review because everyone will want to stay here. I am definitely going back. Had a very enjoyable stay in a double bed with own bathroom , you can have a shared bathroom but must admit me and my friends didnt fancy that. You can hire a small fridge for your room for $25 , we also forgot our US plug adaptors was'nt a problem they lent us one. All in all my friends and myself thought it was a great hotel with no snobbery and very friendly. If your used to 4* plus then it might not be your cup of tea but if you want a clean bed, great location and fabulous staff then stay here. Only bad point was the noisy air con ( wouldnt have been so bad if I'd got ear plugs). Plus free wifi so its brilliant for all Viber users to txt/ phone home.

Room Tip: If u dont fancy the shared bathroom upgrade to own bathroom.