“Brilliant stay in The Big Apple”
Review of Seton Hotel

Seton Hotel
Ranked #189 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent a week at the Seton Hotel and had a fabulous holiday. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and are a credit to the hotel. The décor of the hotel is nice; I believe it was recently done up so most things are in good condition. The reception area, communal lounge and hallways are very well done and create a good first impression. Our room (Queen room) was nice but not quite as slick as the rest of the hotel. The windows and walls are quite thin so it did get a bit noisy at times but this didn't really detract from the fact that it was a very decent hotel with affordable prices and fantastic staff. Our room was also cleaned daily and we were given fresh towels each day.

The location is very convenient; 2 blocks away from Grand Central for the subway and walking distance to most places (Times Square, The Empire State, Macy's, etc.).

All in all, a brilliant holiday and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank El_Mon2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014

First time in New York, to celebrate our wedding Anniversary, all the staff at this Hotel are 5 STAR they completed our special week after the airline let us down. Their professionalism adds to the splendour of this hotel it's location in Midtown is second to none. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone that is planning a visit to New York.
If you fail to book this hotel you will miss out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B. D
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We're leaving today after a week in NYC. We we're on vacation, two girls / We got a room with two queensize beds and our own bathroom. It was big, nice and clean. The rooms were cleaned daily, we got new towels every day / and all in all we can only recomend the Seton hotel. We would stay here again....
Rikke & Ulla, Denmark

Room Tip: Room 503 is excellent!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rikke G
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Firstly my partner and I would love to thank the staff of the seton, especially the manager (sorry forgot name but had Irish accent) he couldn't do enough for us. We stayed at the seton in early April and although we had some issues with getting the right room at the start it was made up for by the manager who sorted it out with no hassles!

As for the location of this hotel, fantastic. Two blocks to grand central with such a awesome subway system, everything is close! The location is quiet enough out of the hussle but close enough to walk around.

The rooms aren't massive but hey it's New York so who cares, always clean and presented beautifully. The only thing I would change of the rooms are the bathroom doors, the fact it's a little see through is uncomfortable but it's not a factor to not stay at the seton.

Thanks again to the seton, we loved it.

Aussie Travellors

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014

So I visited NYC with my girlfriend at the end of March and without having done any particular research we chose to stay in the Seton Hotel. We stayed there for 7 nights in a Double Room with a Shared Bathroom and we literally could not have been more satisfied with the Hotel. Our room was very well decorated and among other things had a flat screen tv and and Ipod docking station.

The hotel had just recently been renovated so given the price we paid, we felt like in heaven. The staff was very friendly and helped us in every possible way. The room service did a very good job as every day we had fresh bedding sheets, towels and the whole room had been cleaned properly. The hotel had also a nice lounge area and offered complimentary tea/coffee and ice cubes (for no reason we used them a lot).

The best thing about the hotel is the location. It is only 2 blocks away from Grand Central and 10 minutes from Times Square so everything was close-by.

Overall, me and my girlfriend were very satisfied with the Hotel and strongly recommend it to anyone who visits NYC and wishes to stay in a classy affordable hotel with central location.

1  Thank Mihkel K
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in the Seton Hotel for 10 nights. The minute we walked in, the staff welcomed us with open arms and ran us through the Hotel policies i.e Checking out times, room-keeping hours and the fact we had to drop the room key in at reception before we left the hotel. Now dropping the room key off at reception may sound odd and sketchy to some, however I can guarantee on behalf of my girlfriend and I that its 100% safe and legit.

We got a Double room with a private bathroom on the 2nd floor which was a good size, Ipod docking station, 32 inch tv and of course a bathroom. The room standard was very good and the room was cosy and warm. Housekeeping always dropped off clean towels, shampoo and soap and also made the bed everyday with fresh linen. Also all our things were untouched except for maybe a top or shirt that was probably left on the floor, she would always fold it and leave it on the bed which was very nice of her. On our floor there was a shared bathroom for other people which always looked very clean whenever I looked in as I passed by,

There was a lovely sitting room area for guests to just chill out watch some television or have a chat with fellow guests, or have a cup of tea/coffee which was always available down the hall free of charge. Also take your tablet or laptop to use the free Wifi. Couldn't ask for much more after a day walking around New York City.

If you ever just wanted to get a take out instead of fine dining in a lovely restaurant we were allowed to bring take out food up to the room which was very kind of them to let guests do that.

As for the location side of my review. I thought it was just perfect, 44th Street E just off Lexington Avenue. 10min walk from Times Square and other attractions people would love to see. Its very central to everything with great shops and cafes on the same street or block.

All in all, the hotel was perfect for my girlfriend and I. She loved the hotel and said I picked a great one - seeing as I brought her to NYC for her birthday. For myself, I would have to agree with her on the hotel it was lovely.

ITS A GEM!!!

5  Thank Robyn D
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed there last week (15TH - 22ND MARCH 2014), Booked A Double Room with A shared Bathroom. Stayed in room 501. Room always had fresh linen on the beds and fresh towels and was always clean. We had a very enjoyable stay, its a real homely hotel, staff were lovely very helpful., Shared bathroom was always spotless and I never encountered anyone else using it. It always had hot water. Next time I go to new york I will defo be booking this hotel again. Its central to everything only 15mins walk to macys 10mins walk to times square and its only around the corner from grand central station. The only one criticism I have is that the bed was a bit small not like your average size bed at home. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel.