“No need to look anywhere else!”

The Marmara Manhattan
Ranked #163 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“No need to look anywhere else!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked the superior room, (which is a one bedroom) through Expedia. To my own stupidity I booked a room I did not want. I also booked a non-refundable purchase,which I made 4 months in head of time due to a surprise for my fiance.
At this point Im upset at myself cause the room I wanted was listed for a two bedroom, and didn't want to spend anymore money to upgrade. So I emailed the Hotel a couple weeks before coming, asking them if I could upgrade for free. They responded that they could give me a deal but I didnt want a deal.But once we got there they gave us our key and to my suprise I actually got the upgraded 2 bedroom I wanted for free. They not only made my fiance ecstatic about what he saw but me as well. The room is so beautiful and clean! Our first trip to New York was 95% the best due to The Marmara Manhattan! Thank you I already vowed to go there and only there every trip!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Love_MRS-BOGGS_84
Kivanc O, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Manhattan, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Unexpected circumstances and difficulties are part of life and often come about by surprise. Our aim is to view them as only opportunities we strive to overcome with mutual benefit to all parties. Bold words to live by, yet rarely insurmountable by the dedicated staff eager to meet every challenge. Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials, we will be expecting to have another opportunity soon when you book your Honeymoon. Thank you for allowing us to overcome those obstacles, as we are 100% happy you were here with us at the Marmara Manhattan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Turkish first
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have always loved this hotel and we were reminded of that again recently. The staff are over the top in service and attention. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. We loved staying here and we will always come back.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Personalized service and “over the top” attention is our motto, we cherish that you have “always loved” us, which truly makes our day. Thank you sincerely, and expect more of the same when we have the honor of your presence, as we now know you will “always come back”.
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at the Marmara for the fourth time last week. The apartments are clean and spacious, the location is terrific. Short walk to museums, local restaurants, shopping and subway. The staff is the best, knowledgeable, friendly and so accommodating. We would never stay anywhere else in the city.

HappyCamper0930

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happycamper930
The greatest testament and highest compliment is without doubt satisfied clients who return time and time again to enjoy New York from our home and yours here at the Marmara Manhattan. Many many thanks, we will see you soon.
Mountain View, CA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Marmara for a second time (the first was two years ago). Our first experience was very good, we stayed in a three bedroom/three bath apartment that was immaculately clean and well appointed. Our second stay was in a very different room. Although it was also a three bedroom unit, it felt like it was a room that was soon to be renovated. Two of the bathrooms had medicine cabinets with doors missing (open to metal shelves), kitchen counter was cracked and uneven, furniture was well worn. A couple of the closet doors were broken, and bedroom doors were difficult to open (may have expanded due to overuse of a/c?). I'm not sure why the rooms were so different. It's so difficult to find a large space like this in NYC, but I am now conflicted about whether we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if the room has been recently renovated. You may need to actually see the room fi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karleshyogi
marmaramanhattan, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Manhattan, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We are grateful that you remembered us so fondly and returned to enjoy the elusive and difficult to find three bedroom and three full bathroom 1500 square foot apartment style suites which are universally loved, some have been loved tougher than others, pardon us. The great news is we persistently strive to upgrade and improve our entire facility for your comfort and convenience, and have imminent plans to freshen all of our highly sought after suites. Please let us know when you are returning as we have every confidence we will be able to inspire you once again and resolve any conflict in your thoughts.

Oakland, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife Roseann and I just completed our 26 day stay at the Marmara Manhattan on E.94th Street. To say that we were pleased with our choice of accommodations in New York City is an understatement. We absolutely loved our time there; the l bedroom apartment was fabulous, spacious, with great views and tons of closets. But the best part off this place is the staff who are one-and-all absolutely awesome. Helpful, friendly, easy to talk to, patient, fun loving and just plain likable. We really felt at home from the start and it just got better day-by-day. The location is perfect for our needs. Convenient yet out of the really busy parts of midtown that from our point of view is overwhelming at times. Everything we like to do was accessible and we look forward to coming back next year. Jonathan Breault

Room Tip: We were on the 24th floor and we loved the views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan B
marmaramanhattan, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Manhattan, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank You, Thank you, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! One cannot find more appropriate words then a solemn and profound….Thank you.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family rented two 3BR units in this hotel for a family reunion. The rooms were very large and perfect for our gathering. The views of the east river, the surrounding buildings, and into midtown were stunning. The staff responded quickly and granted every request. We had only two relatively minor complaints: the elevators were very slow for a building so large and the hallways were dark and sometimes dirty.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joshua S
We are fast becoming the Hotel of choice for family reunions, which pleases us to no end. It is not hard to believe, as we are able to offer our enormous 3 bedroom with 3 full bathroom Suites at a value few hotels can contend with. Thank you for sharing your reunion here with us at the Marmara Manhattan and we will shine brightly not only through our “excellent service”, but on the floor foyers as well, for all your future gatherings.

Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was the best North American Hotel experience I've ever had! My friend and I were in New York for the first time ever and found this hotel quite by accident. It was perfect! The one bedroom apartment was airy and spacious and equipped with everything one or two would need, including two full bathrooms! The bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms very clean.
Location was great and easy to get to the train or bus. We tended to head to other neighbourhoods for meals but I do wish we had explored more of the neighbourhood as there are some really cute diners and cafes just steps away.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Dennis was fantastic at helping us figure out how to get places and had some great tips.
I can't say enough about this hotel and will definitely recommend it to my friends and make sure that I stay there next time I'm in New York!

Room Tip: I'd say ask for a room on a higher floor because the views were incredible. Fun to wake up to in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank waterwing
It will be difficult to remain humble as you awarded us “Best North American Hotel ”, but as you “can’t say enough about this hotel”, and are recommending us so highly to friends, the “incredibly friendly and helpful” staff will remain dutiful and live up to your acclaim. When their reviews come in we anticipate similar watchwords as “extremely comfortable”, “very clean” and “perfect” and will strive to make you proud, however we are enthusiastic to see you again, since you promised you“ will stay next time”.