“Still wonderful!!”
Review of Hakata TonTon

Hakata TonTon
Reserve with OpenTable
Hakata TonTon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,187 of 14,910 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: Seventh Avenue
Transit: 1 train to Christopher Street.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My husband and I hadn't been to Hakata Tonton in a while and had the craving again for hot pot. We were so pleasantly surprised that Nodoka remembered us! Michael and Chris were great. I tried something new this time--yuzu-flavored sparkling jelly sake. It was really cool! Had a different texture. And of course we had the Hakata Tonton hot pot--so good. I hope it won't be so long until the next time we come. Don't forget to make reservations--it's a very small but wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank Sue R

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Great spot for authentic Japanese food and ambiance. The newer side on Christopher is more charming so if you can get a table there instead of the more cramped Grove St side. Don't go for sushi and be adventurous. They also have a great selection of sake

Reviewed 7 January 2017

2nd time here couple nights ago with cold weather. This time, I found out that they have expanded the restaurant. Therefore, it's easier to make reservation. Always love their Hotpot, Services and Dessert. Oh! And the Green Tea Tofu for dessert is a must try! Always make reservation.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is the best hotpot in town. If I could, I would eat here every day. I recommend getting Hakata Tonton hotpot, it was just amazing.

And don't forget to try the black sesame ice cream. It is something you will not find in many places.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Japanese Female stuff is very very rude.
Food is good and I love it but I almost don't wanna go back considering how rude she was.
Attitude just really sucked and you could feel her bad mood all the way.....
Check was wrong!
Please double check your check!
I was charged for something we did not even order!!!
When I told them check was wrong, she corrected then told me there will be no void receipt... why????
Whole experience really sucked.
I cam here happy, left really annoyed! and I am super happy positive person normally.
Disappointing.