“Perfect for Families, Perfectly Quiet”
Review of Phillips Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Phillips Club
Ranked #337 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I love the Phillips Club for many reasons. The rooms are quiet---I can't hear anyone in the hallway and they can't hear me. I love the thread count on the sheets. I love the fact that there is a clean, well stocked kitchen in each unit. I like that the staff is lovely and attentive. I like the mid-town location. I like the fact that I can always catch a cab in front. I love that the price point is fair. I like that it's low key. I only stay here when I visit NYC.

Room Tip: I don't spend a lot of time in my room so views aren't a huge issue for me but if you like v...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank birchmont25
Management response:Responded 22 April 2016

That is quite a lot of love and we are grateful for it! Thank you so much. I agree - there is so much to love about this place. I have only been here a month and I am so happy to be a part of this great team.

Hope to see you again some day!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was in NYC for two weeks study. My friend owns timeshare there and booked those days for me. Location is perfect - nearest subway station is 100 meters from the place. On average it takes 20-30 minutes to get to Downtown. Beware that intervals may vary in subway depending day of the week. Reception was helpful (especially lady from Lithuania - thanks for your help). I got a room on the fourth floor. The room is huge (one sleeping, one living room and the kitchen). Two plasma screens with Bose audio system. Kitchen has everything you need. Bed was comfortable and provided good sleeping quality.Everything was in a good condition. It seems that the staff is doing a great job maintaining the place. Washing machine and dryer were on the floor, however, I had a difficulty to figure out how they work.
There is a Gourmet grossery store next door so the food is readily available. Also you can use Reebok fitness club which is 5 minutes walk from the place.
Place is fantastic and would love to come on leisure.

Room Tip: There is renovation underway. Try to get renovated room :-)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Magus M
Management response:Responded 26 April 2016

Thank you for your kind review! The Reebok has changed over to Equinox and following a major renovation, it is spectacular! I have never seen any Fitness Center like it in the City!

Actually, we do not offer Timeshares - it is actually Fractional Ownerships which are quite different. We also operate as a hotel. That is why our rooms and suites are more like apartments!

Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Every time we visit NYC we try a different part of town. Last visit was Soho, this trip we tried Lincoln Centre/Columbus Circle on the East Side. We absolutely loved the location. The Phillips Club is around the corner from LC and the subway is one minute away. Many restaurants too.
We had a club room, so there was a living room with dining table, a small kitchen, a bedroom, a bathroom. Everything was clean and the maid service excellent. We loved having the space and ability to make tea, have cereal, eat take away one night.
However, the place really is quite dated, especially the bathrooms. Shower curtains? Really? Thank goodness the water pressure was excellent which kind of made up for the shower curtain.
Overall, this is exactly the sort of accommodation we like - the price was great for NYC given the space we had. There is no real concierge service, just a front desk. That's ok, it's pretty easy to find a good restaurant in New York!
And next door is an excellent grocery with fresh organic vegetables and prepared meals etc etc. Very large.
If they upgrade the bathrooms and the air conditioning (old large and noisy units in each room - the one in the bedroom blew right onto my husband who got the flu, then kindly gave it to me!) we would definitely come back. (FYI we are in our mid50s, well travelled, like our luxuries)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Mel1Sydney
Management response:Responded 27 April 2016

Thank you for your review. The property has been renovated since you were here in 2013 and it is lovely. New furnishings and upgraded amenities. Also, we do have Concierge. Every one of our Front Desk staff members are trained Concierges. I am delighted that you would return and you should - I think you will be impressed with the changes!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Phillips Club. We rented a 1 bedroom, with a small kitchen, living room and king size bedroom. A subway stop was right there and a cute little store right on the same street. It was a quick subway hope to Times Square. There are cheaper options, but, this is in a more quiet location and just a few blocks to Central Park.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank mame2boyz1girl
Management response:Responded 28 April 2016

Thank you for your kind review. I have never worked anywhere where the subway stop is steps away! It makes getting around so convenient!

You get a lot of 'bang for your buck' here at The Phillips Club. These are apartments, not hotel rooms. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Ideal place to stay, especially if you have kids. Location was perfect with easy access to subway/bus and within walking distance to Central Park. Great restaurants all within walking distance. Our 2 bedroom suite was absolutely amazing. It was so nice having a kitchen in the room so we didn't have to immediately run out for every meal (which can be difficult with 2 small children). The staff was so nice and helpful. Multiple TVs came in very handy with the kids. The suite was clean and well appointed. Really can't say enough great things about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lori O
Management response:Responded 2 May 2016

Thank you so much!!! Yes, it is expensive to order Room Service food every time you get hungry which can be rather unpredictable with children. With our kitchens, it is so much easier to stock up on quick fix meals or even prepare a proper large meal!

It makes me very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

In June we stayed at the Phillips Club for the second time. The location and service are wonderful. It is so easy to go anywhere in Manhattan from this spot plus within the building there is a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. There are some excellent restaurants in the neighborhood and the subway is a one minute walk away.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably to be preferred.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ldeborah2935
Management response:Responded 3 May 2016

I too love the quiet and peaceful environment which is difficult to find in New York! Thank you for your kind review. Hope you will return!

Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Someone I knew let me use his place so I have no complaints about the price. I will say that the room was so dark and out of date. It could have been cleaner too. The location is the best! This place is a time share. The doorman and front desk were very helpful!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank karen B
Management response:Responded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your review. Perhaps you visited us prior to our renovation. You should see the place now! I think you will find it even better. Hope to see you again for another try!