“Love staying they”
Review of Phillips Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Phillips Club
Ranked #342 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Washington, DC
“Love staying they”
Reviewed 26 July 2004

My parents and I love staying at the Phillips Club. We stay there almost everytime we go up. We usually take a 1 bedroom and I sleep on the couch. We like the fact that we don't step over each other in 1 room. Also we like the fact that there are two televisions and a kitchen. It helps especially in the mornings since we don't like big breakfast.

13 Thank minnie868
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 9 June 2016
Thank you so much for your review! Yes - space really does make a difference! I too like a quick small breakfast and just having a toaster and coffee machine really helps.

Do come back soon!

DR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 3 June 2004

We have stayed at the Phillips Club twice in the last couple of years. I have stayed at a lot of places in NYC and this is by far the best yet. It's extremely clean and in great condition, the staff is very friendly and eager to help. The kitchen is wonderful; we were very surprised to find full sized appliances and everything we needed. There are a lot of restaurants in NYC but sometimes it's nice just to relax at "home" and be able to fix a meal even if it's only breakfast. The hotel is in a very quiet location. You have to travel a little to get to most of the touristy attractions but a subway entrance on the corner makes it very easy. In comparison to most of the hotels in the same price range, this one is far superior! I would recommend it to anyone and often do.

• Stayed August 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 10 June 2016
Thank you! And so far in my career it is my favorite place to work!

It is true that we offer something unique in accommodation in NYC - full sized apartments ranging from Studios to Two Bedroom units - all have full kitchens! The fact that for the same price you can get so much more room and access to one of the best fitness centers in town really sets us apart!

Hope you will return soon!

Columbus
Reviewed 17 November 2003

Without question, the finest lodging experience I have evr had. Two tiny children, spouse, and I enjoyed the subway being right across the street, as was Lincoln Center. Nearby parking garage. Staff was beyond comparison - superbly cared for at desk, housekeeping, and door. If you have the means, live here.

7 Thank Brian P
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 13 June 2016
I love that you feel we are second to none! Thank you so much for your kind review! I often say if you are visiting New York, why not experience the city like a true New Yorker?

Our 'rooms' are actual apartments - from Studios to Two Bedroom Suites with full kitchens. The area is teaming with people who actually live around here - not touristy but still filled with entertainment, performances, the arts, restaurants, shops etc.

Hope we will see you soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2003

The Phillips Club is first rate in every respect. I had to laugh when I read the above review. That "Italian grocery store" is Balducci's.
Arguably the finest gourmet shop in NYC. Their flagship store is attached to the Phillips Club lobby. Many Manhattanites travel a good distance to shop there. Do not miss the many varieties of smoked salmon, btw. Best selection in North America, IMHO.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 14 June 2016
Thank you for your kind review. Since the time you stayed, Balducci's was replaced by Gourmet Garage. There is also a Trader Joe's, Fairway and many other places to shop for food. Of course I would be remiss if I did not mention Zabar's and Citarella's! It is a food lovers paradise around here!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2003

I loved the Phillips Club. We stayed in a suite and it was delightful to have the Italian Grocery store next store, free laundry rooms, wonderful door men (Dino was a doll). The front desk staff wanted for a smile or even a positive disposition. The rooms were beautiful, clean and well cared for. I truly enjoyed the stay. It was great for travelling with my 3-year old twin boys as we were so close to the park.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 14 June 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review! Your boys much be teenagers now and you must bring them for another visit to The Big Apple! We hope to see you again - lots of fun things for teenagers to do in NYC these days.