Phillips Club
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
US$382
US$339
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$170
US$149
Triumph Hotels
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$152
  • Pool
US$423
US$391
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
Travelocity
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsgourmet garagelincoln centerfull kitchenone bedroom apartmentdining tablehome away from homemetropolitan operalive in nyccentral parklaundry roomfree laundry machinesgrocery store next doornecessary itemslots of closet spaceplace to staynew yorkrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I lived at PC for a few months while my new apartment was renovated. (Note: PC is very popular for this; a high proportion of the guests here seem to be New Yorkers between homes; also a sprinkling of movie and TV stars in town for a gig.) You can rent a studio, one, or two bedroom (all with a kitchen) by the day, week or month. The rooms/suites are stylish, modern and comfortable. Great big flat-screens, Bose sound system, attractive lighting, nice kitchen and bathroom. My one-BR was quiet. PC's lobby is kind of stunning, I always felt special walking through it. PC's location is terrific, not just for Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle, and all the conveniences nearby like Barnes & Noble, the gym, Balducci's, etc. Also it's a block away from the 1 and 9 train and several Broadway bus lines, so you can get around town easily and inexpensively. What I liked the best about this place was the staff. The doormen, desk people, housekeeping and maintenance people, they all give top-notch service. They were unfailingly friendly and helpful. The moment I had a problem, they were on it. They can arrange anything - car service, in-room massage, dry cleaning, messengers, show tickets, you name it. I felt very well taken care of at PC and I recommend it highly. My only caveat is that it's expensive. But you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank EyesGlazed
Management response:Responded 2 June 2016

You have made my spirits soar with your wonderful review! I have nothing to add - thank you so much!

Kind regards and hope your renovation went well!

Reviewed 8 January 2007

Been there for 2 years while studying in NY. i got the apt 711 and I must say that it beats any other buildings in term of services and location (2 steps from colombus circle where my university was).
Maid service available at any time. Balducci is just down the building. Jsut across the street, the supermarket and the cinema.
just under the bulding tower record and Victoria s secret.

the location rocks !

the downside is the excessive price for long term stay (a bit more than 5500$/month).

I'd definitly go back but I ll negotiate the price first.

• Stayed: January 2003, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Gregory A
Management response:Responded 3 June 2016

Thank you for your kind review! We have many guests who lease apartments as it is often less expensive to do so at The Phillips Club vs other sources. There are added benefits such as cleaning services, access to the fabulous Equinox Health Club and even grocery shopping service if you need it!

Hope you will return for another great stay!

Reviewed 21 November 2005

I've stayed here a couple of times recently, and I really like coming back to it. Rooms are 1-bedroom or studio apts, with (barely equipped) kitchens so in the mornings I could eat some cereal and make some coffee... from the Balducci's right downstairs, of course. You almost feel like you have your own (rather elegant) apartment in New York. The building is in fact a mix of hotel and condo, I think. A lot of performers coming to Lincoln Center stay there, I hear.

Why I'm giving it 4 stars, not 5: first, the neighborhood -- I was glad to be out of midtown or Times Square, but I wish there were some interesting shops or restaurants right nearby... maybe there is and I haven't found it yet. (Though it's steps from the 1-line subway so easy to get anywhere fast.) #2, as a hotel it's hardly full-service. People are plenty nice but it just doesn't have the services of a 5-star place.

9  Thank MartySF
Management response:Responded 6 June 2016

Thank you for your review. Having come here from Midtown I can assure you - I have found more interesting shops and lots of great restaurants in this area! If you walk up and down Broadway, Columbus, Amsterdam there is an array of shops. Just some that I am loving - Magnolia bakery, Bloomingdales Outlet, Gracious Home, Century 21, Maille French mustard shop, Levain Bakery, Zabars, Citarella, lots of lovely boutiques and an array of shops offering skin care products. It is so much better for me personally up here than where I was on Madison Ave.

I would like to clarify one more thing - kitchens pretty much have everything you need from pots and pans, silverware, crockery, tea kettles, coffee machine, microwave etc.

Hope you will come back for another visit!

Reviewed 12 April 2005

We loved the Phillips Club. Our one bedroom apartment with full kitchen was bright, spacious and very handsomely appointed. It was well designed and maintained. It was great having use of the Reebok Club across the street which is a terrific gym ____much better than the typical hotel facility.
Also, we enjoyed the neighborhood and good location.
Of course, if you are looking for all the amenities that are provided in hotels, ex. room service, attention to your every whim, this may not be the place for you. There is no restaurant or bar. But, we found the staff very courteous and helpful. We felt as if we were living in the city instead of visiting tourists.

10  Thank lagunatravel
Management response:Responded 7 June 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review! Last night, my husband and I walked along Broadway and two blocks away there is an array of restaurants. During the warmer months, there is seating outside which made me feel like I was in Paris! This was right opposite Lincoln Center so it is a wide open space. There are so many options around here, I think that hotel restaurants are not what they used to be and most visitors to New York enjoy all the culinary experiences the city has to offer!

Hope to welcome you back!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2004

After reading the reviews here I was a bit disappointed at the Phillips Club. We spent two weeks there while apartment hunting and I found the reception staff almost uniformly unpleasant, verging on rude, to deal with. The doormen were pleasant and the location is good - Balducci's downstairs is a huge plus. The furnishings, kitchen and bathrooms were all acceptable, but everything is fitted to a budget, and there is considerable noise from the floor above (it is also a pretty noisy location, our corner apartment fronted Broadway and 66th St, both very busy). Nonetheless I still recommend the place as an excellent stopgap if travelling with children. The sheer size and pleasant neutrality of the rooms is the great appeal and for our family of four a 1br exec suite (with larger living space than the ordinary 1 br) was good value compared to two hotel rooms (as long as don't mind a sleeper sofa). It is certainly worth asking for a good deal if you phone, especially close to your arrival date. Just don't expect a warm welcome from the desk staff - even if you have been there for two weeks!

27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded 8 June 2016

Hello there! I am happy to say that we must mellowed rather well - like a good wine! I have only been here for three months but have found the staff to be outstanding and have heard great stories from both Owners and Hotel Guests. It is now 2016 and a lot has changed - new design, new features and an absolutely outstanding staff waiting to greet and serve you!

Please come back!!!