The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$190
Travelocity
12,331 results
All reviewsthe tick tock dinerpenn stationthe empire state buildingmadison square gardendiner attachednew yorkgreat locationtimes squareart decoroom keyhudson riverrooms are smalltwo double bedsan upgradecentral locationstatue of libertycoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The New Yorker is an old hotel, and not in the quaint and cool way. The grout in the bathroom is grungy, the plumbing is SO LOUD, and honestly, it's just overall grubby. The blankets were stingy and there was no place to work. At night, they have security purportedly checking keys but you could wave a subway card at them and they'd wave you through. Given that's the case, why bother. It is convenient, but if you can find better places, pay a little more.

Room Tip: I did ask for a quiet room, but if you have neighbors, you'll hear the loud plumbing every time they use the bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here every time but once that I've been in NYC, love its history and the way they've maintained its 'golden age' feel. The Tick Tock diner is a classic, serving some interesting takes on traditional comfort food. The hotel is neither economy priced nor outrageously costly...the rooms could be a little bigger but they only have so much space to work with in its original design. Nicely centralized and easy to get around from, staff is generally quite friendly and knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Try to go for a suite if it suits your budget, the space is really welcome and you can often get a spacous balcony too. The free wifi is nice and generally quite reliable. A coffee machine in the room would be very welcome, as would a fan in the bathroom (a 5 minute shower fogs it up completely). If you have any passing interest in Nikola Tesla as an historical figure be sure to check out room 3327!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It is always hard to find a hotel in NYC that is good and fits the budget. The Wyndham New Yorker is great because it is very comfortable, clean and the price is reasonable considering we were in Midtown and very close to Times Square and the shopping areas. It is conveniently located right off the subway station which was a bonus. The room is small and outdated but our view had the ESB so it was great for photos and totally felt the NYC vibe. The staff are friendly and when I needed a taxi, the bellman always flagged one down for me.
Would I stay here again? yes I would. Even though the rooms are small, it didn't matter because the bed was comfortable and we were out most of the time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 14 May 2014

First of all, let me just say this hotel is perfectly located just minutes away from Times Square, which was why we booked this hotel in the first place.
Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for four nights. We booked the hotel through Priceline, and I found the price to be within budget and the location was perfect, and all the reviews I read about this particular hotel on tripadvisor helped me decide this would be the perfect hotel for us.
We arrived from la Guardia via a taxi. Check in was super fast, we arrived around 3pm and went straight up to our room which was on the 34th floor. I had e-mailed the hotel prior to arriving to request a room on a higher floor, so we wouldn't have to deal with all the noise from the city (which I read from other reviews, that can be really loud). The hotel responded to me and notified me that our room would be assigned upon check-in and they would do the best to accommodate our request. Well, the hotel did give us a room on the higher floor that had a great view of the city and the Hudson and it was very quiet BUT our room was super TINY!!! There was hardly any space around the bed to place our two suitcases among other things that we were bringing back to our room from shopping. This was very inconvenient but we didn't spend too much time in our room since we were out all day, we basically just slept and showered in the room so it wasn't a major problem. The room was spotless though, and cleaning service came every day to make our bed and replenish our towels, which was great! The bed was very comfy and warm, no complaints there! The bathroom was in need to an update. It looked very old, though it was always clean, it just could use a more modern look and there wasn't too much counter space for make-up, brushes, or toiletries.
The location is the best thing about this hotel, it's just minutes away from Times Square, restaurants and FUN, FUN, FUN! We walked almost everywhere. Times Square is very hustle and bustle, so be prepared to experience that as soon as you walk out the lobby doors and onto the sidewalks!
Wifi in the room worked great and came in handy to plan our days. The tick-tock diner was cute and although we never ordered food from there I did order their red velvet cake for a late night dessert and it was DIVINE!
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the New Yorker hotel, and we would probably stay again if I needed to be close to Times Square. I would just request a larger room with more space.

Room Tip: Request a larger room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Across the street from Penn Station and very comfortable. Good food. Staff very helpful. The facility is undergoing renovation and that should update a lot. The renovation does not cause extra noise or bother. There is NYU student housing in the hotel which is a big plus for atmosphere.

Room Tip: Some rooms small with queen beds. Make sure you know what you are getting.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple