I stayed here for 5 nights for a work trip. Granted we usually book more boutique style hotels so I was a little underwhelmed. The hotel is old, the rooms are somewhat up to date but the bathrooms and hallways were in need of some renovations.
My biggest problem was with the front desk staff- we had 4 people checking in and it took about 20 minutes. They seemed to have trouble finding our reservation, then were just all over the place trying to check in each one of us, one of the girls had an attitude.
Unfortunately my room was right where they were doing some construction on the building. I endured the loud hammering and noise for 2 mornings that promptly started at 8:30am, and then decided to change rooms. I called down to request a room change and got transferred to the manager literally- 8 times- Im not exaggerating. And no one answered. I kept calling back and asking if the manager was even there but they just kept transferring me and no one answered. Finally got him on the phone and got a room change that was away from the construction.
Pros- there is a 24 hour restaurant downstairs and a coffee/pastry set up that was good for us grabbing something quick in the morning. Good central location.
Cons- terrible management/front desk staff. The hotel had a old crusty feel to me...
I think it was and OK place to stay for the price but I wouldn't recommend. I know we wont be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York