The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
12,423 results
All reviewsthe tick tock dinerpenn stationthe empire state buildingmadison square gardendiner attachednew yorkgreat locationtimes squareart decoroom keyhudson riverrooms are smalltwo double bedsan upgradecentral locationstatue of libertycoffee machine
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Right on top of Penn Station this was ideal for us as first time visitors to nyc. Room was adequate - it had all the basics needed and when we asked for a coffee machine it was promptly provided. Staff were efficient. The location close to major sights (we walked to the high line, empire state building, Maceys and Times Square, for example) and transport (Penn Stn) was great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K G
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is my second stay at the New Yorker. It's a decent hotel. The room was clean, as were the linens. Maid service was very good. The rooms and facility is worn, but the hotel was built in 1929, so that's understandable. The staff was very courteous and mostly worked hard to help me. I did encounter a couple of negatives. I was there for a conference, and on the conference website, the New Yorker was listed as providing a shuttle van to the Javits Center. This was one of the reasons I booked my room there. However, the hotel did not provide the van, and the staff knew nothing about it. I had stayed at the New Yorker in previous years, and they did provide a van in the past. Also, the hot water in the bathroom was inconsistent. Sometimes, the water was lukewarm, or cold. At the price I paid, I expect a hot shower. Finally, I ate at the Tick Tock Diner one night. The food was adequate...nothing more. I won't eat there again. Would I stay at the New Yorker again? Possibly. The location is great, and I liked the staff. The room was comfortable, but not posh or deluxe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
3  Thank Dave14221
Reviewed 9 June 2014

In general quality of services, cleanness of rooms and kindness of hotel staff is OK.
But free wifi is useless, only paid access works. They should not advertise themselves as free wifi available.
Shower head was old and water streamed indirectionally making shampoo and conditioner washout difficult.

Room Tip: As it is close to Madison Square Garden do not book at time of cup finals etc unless you can deal with the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CyberCatHU
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was an ideal location for a mother-daughter girls' weekend in New York, located just up the block from Penn Station and transportation too all our fun adventures. I'd asked for a room on a high floor with a city view, and the hotel upgraded me to a corner suite that had two bathrooms and a sofa bed for the night we talked so late my daughter stayed instead of going back to her apartment. The view from the 38th floor was amazing on both sides. The room had been updated and was immaculate. The lobby is beautiful and a beautiful way to start or end each day, not to mention the Tick Tock Diner with food that's delicious and reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
3  Thank Jothomas2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Can't believe they charged us to store our bags for 90 min between check out and taxi to the airport after spending over $300/night on a room (I had called previously and no one gave me this info). One of the days we were there, we came back to the room at 4 and it wasn't made up. That's really all I remember...room was basic, updated, bathroom needed a bit of work. Good location. Staff - average.

Stayed: June 2014