“"BEWARE"”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #273 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel charades as a hotel with panache. Do not be fooled by the lobby, which is the only stylish thing about this hotel. The front desk help lacks good customer service skills yet this is the customers initial contact and is the face of the hotel. Rude, rude, I get the whole NYC thing but REALLY this is taking the persona a little far. If you are flying I suggest you look into other hotels that understand and care that if the airport will not allow flights in this is a non controllable incident. They don't care and will not offer any type of adjustments to your bill. Speaking of bill, they will run random authorizations on your credit card. The rooms are match boxes and need makeovers. The one star they have nice linen, you will need a good night sleep after dealing with this monstrous place.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank edwin44
Newyorkerhotel, Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel while you were in New York City.

Please accept my apologies for the inocnvenience you expereinced regarding your stay. Our staff provides exceptionaly service and I would like to find out more regarding your stay.

Please be assured your comments are valuable and I would like to follow up directly with you. I don't have your contact information, please reach out to me so I can assist you . I may be reached at 646-572-1213.

I look forward with communicating directly with you.

Mr. Barry Rauch
Director of Operations
Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

There are newer reviews for The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We are two senior citizens with pretty high standards, and the best thing about the New Yorker was that it was a real hotel, not a look-alike clone of every other modern establishment. We loved the Deco lobby, the authentic decor and the Tick Tock Diner. Yes, the rooms were small, but we were as comfortable as we needed to be. For no reason we could figure out, we were upgraded to a 39th floor suite with views of the city and the Hudson--thank you, Wyndham New Yorker!--but the digs were so lovely that we would pay the extra to stay in that suite again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rita K
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location is awesome. Room was neat and big enough considering its in the center of it all. Though a little pricey, was justified. The bathroom could have been little bigger, but was well organized. Nice Big Flatscreen TV, watched England vs Italy with friends over some chips and beer. Then took the subway right next to the hotel and hit village. Perfect stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Prasanth B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I liked the old fashioned feel to the hotel. It reminded me of a hotel room in Europe. We had a good meal, and very reasonable priced, at Cooper's. Location was great for the playoff hockey game we went to at MSG.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lmorgy
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Rooms were tiny, but clean and new. Right across the street from Madison Square Garden. Plenty of easy walking to nearby shops and restaurants.

Gym is well equipped but gets crowded quickly in the morning.

Would recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was not impressed at the price I paid for a a room with a view because the view wasn't all that great. My biggest beef is the size of the rooms. Upon entering our room with a view I noticed that I would have to walk sideways to get between the bottom of the bed and the wall in order to get to the window with the great view. Also I had eaten something that didn't agree with me and so I really needed to get to the bathroom. No sooner had I parked my butt on the toilet when my wife opened the bathroom door jamming my toe against the toilet causing me great pain. I found out later when I got back home that the great pain was really a broken toe. When I complained to an older Latin man at the front desk I was not offered another room but was told that it was the best I was going to get at this late date. If I could remember his name I would most certainly post it. He deserves nothing less. I then told this old fart to take the room and shove it and my wife, angered at our callous treatment decided to leave New York and head back home. I doubt we will ever again stay at the New Yorker and mores the pity because it has such a great history.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel while you were in New York city.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of service you received while you were our guest. It is never a pleassure to be informed a guest was not provided the stellar service we are known for.

I would like to follow up regarding your experince but do not have your contact information. Please contact me directly at 646-572-1213.

I look forward to your call.

Barry Rauch
Director of Operations
Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wonderful location. Very close to Empire State Building, Macy's, Madison Square Gardens. Felt very safe walking by myself in the late afternoon around the neighborhood. Rooms are extremely small but comfortable. If you want a view of the Empire State Building, request it when you make reservations. Not every room has a good view.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family