This was my third hotel during a hectic six day trip and I felt a huge sigh of relief when I walked in. Everyone was friendly, offering information about subways, the 9/11 museum, places to eat. The room itself was fairly small but tucked away into a quiet little corner of the 31st floor (Room 3132) with city views. The room was tastefully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable, One real plus for me was that it was easy to control the heating and AC. I like to sleep in a cool room and did!
The hotel is immediately adjacent to Penn Station and the subway is right outside the door. Even better, the Tick Tock restaurant, open 24 hours a day, is part of the hotel and the food was basic diner fare, reasonably priced with good service.
I do think 4-star hotels should offer free Wi-fi in rooms as well as free guest access to in-house computers. The charge is only 25 cents per minute, but why any charge at all? The only other thing I felt was missing was a coffee maker in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York