“Great hospitality”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #278 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I just stayed at the New Yorker and wanted to point out the highlights -- I came into the city for the Bruno Mars concert - and wanted a hotel close by Madison Square Garden.

The hotel is a block away. The doormen were friendly upon arrival, the line for check in was getting long - so a nice woman but the name of Aniana helped to speed up the process from the Rewards desk. She was very welcoming and even more so did whatever she could to make my overnight stay easy & relaxing with a complimentary drink at the Tavern. Nice touch! The gentleman running the elevators was also very kind and everyone seemed to have smiles.

The rest of my stay included assistance from front desk attendee Afroza as well as the Manager, Michael Simms who both were extremely accommodating. Michael was able to upgrade my room and for that I was forever thankful.

I was so pleasantly surprised by all of the kindness & hospitality that the New Yorker offered, I would refer this hotel to others who are heading to the Garden and need an overnight accommodation -- and free wifi!

Thanks all :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Outdoorshowers
Newyorkerhotel, Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel while you were in New York City enjoying the concert.

I have read your review and appreciate the positive comments you posted regarding your interactions with the staff. I am delighted to read the service level provided was as expected. Please be assured the staff will be receiving a copy of your review.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel if your travels find you returning to New York City.

Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (11,941)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my first visit to NY and we stayed in the New Yorker for a week. Did not have anything to complain about (other than the NY voltage was lower than British, so could not straighten my hair...no big deal !!!) Loved the original Art Deco features in the hotel, very friendly staff, and ate mostly in the Tick Tock diner, food to die for. Will definitely come again. 10/10

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top, great views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel while you were in New York City.

I have read your view and would like to thank you for the positive comments you noted regarding your stay. I do apologize the voltage in New York City does not compare to what is in Britain. Please be aware the hotel was the home of Nicklaus Telsa during his final years and we actually house one of his original power plants.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel should your travels find you returning to New York City.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved the Wyndham New Yorker. Super close to everything I wanted to do plus easy access to my work location for the week! Great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
2  Thank Melissa T

Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your review and would like to thank you for the positive review. We are indeed in the center of it all. Less than a 5 minute walk to Macy's, Times Square, Broadway Shows, less than a 10 minute walk to the Empire State Building and a block away from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel should your travels find you returning to New York City.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently stayed for a week at the hotel and would definitely stay here again. The assistance we received from the front desk, in particular from Samira, upon arrival and on subsequent occasions went beyond our expectations, and really made our trip very comfortable. Everyone was very pleasant and professional to deal with and all our questions were satisfactorily answered.
We originally chose the hotel based on its location, close to the venues we needed to go to every day. It is a busy area, but easy to reach by public transport and very convenient for the subway. Our room was quiet for such a central location, it had plenty of room for the four of us (2 adults, 2 teens) and a very nice view of the river. We saw some great sunsets.
We had to phone to get a coffee maker put in the room at the beginning of the stay, but it was brought right away.
The small bathroom was well appointed, clean and recently refurbished. The beds were comfy. The lobby area was welcoming.
We found many good, clean and reasonably priced places to grab a quick and healthy bite to eat in the area, e.g. IGK foods, Famiglia pizza, and others on 9th. Ave. between 35th. and 44th.

Room Tip: Our room was one of the larger double rooms. Westerly view was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MBGF

Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your review and would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding your interactions with the staff. I am delighted the staff provided an exceptional level of service. Please be assured your comments will be given to Samira.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker should your travels find you returning to New York City.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just wanted to rave about this fantastic hotel. It was so central to New York, and we had fantastic service during our two night stay there. I would like to mention 'Mohammed' who looked after us extremely well. We had a fantastic room overlooking the Empire State Building making our stay most memorable. Will definetly stay here again when we return to New York.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bertie2000dog

Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your review and would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding your interactions with Mohammed as well as your overall stay. I am delighted to know your interaction with the staff was as expected.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel should your travels find you returning to New York City.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
2  Thank Louise B

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The New Yorker is very close to many popular attractions in NYC. If you are taking the train into Penn Station, you are just steps away from this hotel. We were within walking distance to Times Square and Hell's Kitchen. The rooms were clean and updated, but be prepared for very close quarters.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer K

Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your review and would like to thank you for the positive review regarding your stay. We are indeed in the middle of it all, a few blocks away from Macy's, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway Shows, Penn Station and most of mass transit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel should your travels find you returning to New York City.

Director Of Operations