Stayed in the New Yorker on 8th ave New York late May for a week. Hotel is original Art Deco style built in the 20's and though upgraded, still retains much of its original design.
Great location for exploring NYC. Right opposite Madison sq gardens, 5min walk to Hell's Kitchen area on 7th ave for loads of bars and eating places.
Rooms great, small as expected but perfectly fine, serviced every day, aircon perfect, no problem with anything. Lots of staff around in the lobby and reception and lots of seating area. Quite chilled with the air con, but this would be very welcome in the height of the summer.
Tick tock diner is part of the hotel and was great for breakfast and a great diner anyway. Tea/coffee facility in reception also and very reasonable cost, plus takeaway available.
There is a bar next door - coopers - which is also connected to the main lobby.
Really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York