Though there is currently exterior construction, one step into the hotel's lobby shows you what a classic, older hotel should look like: plenty of seating, a wide, welcoming front desk, a diner and restaurant attached, an art deco feel, and a lively vibe.
Check-in was simple and fast, and there were plenty of elevators to get to one's room.
I was on the executive floor (5th, I think) and the rooms were renovated and beautiful. They were small rooms but I've been in much smaller in New York City. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the TVs new and crisp.
I had to work from my room for a bit and the desk was large, at the window for people watching, and with plenty of outlets to cover today's business traveler.
There were two free waters at the desk too, a nice bonus.
The bathroom was clean and the shower's water pressure powerful.
The location is perfect. Minutes from Penn Station, a short walk to Times Square and near enough train stops to get you anywhere.
If you need the right Manhattan location, and a comfortable room in a classic building, I recommend the Wyndham New Yorker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, TravelUp, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York