Let me begin by saying that this was my umpteenth holiday visit to the New Yorker Hotel.
I've stayed there when it was a Ramada, plain-old New Yorker and now it's part of the Wyndham chain.
Each time, it's been great and this visit was certainly no exception.
From a friendly checkin, great support from the transport staff, right through to the housekeeping staff, the hotel staff were all superb.
The location is great. It's on top of Penn Station for access to the subway. 42nd street is 10 minutes away on foot, as is the Empire State Building.
Are the metro rooms small? Of course they are. Do I go to New York to stay in the room? Heck, no. It's clean. It's superbly located. It's friendly.
If you're looking for a base for a New York holiday, book this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotelopia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York