Me and my friend stayed here for 4 nights, back in March. The hotel looked amazing and the staff were very welcoming and friendly! There was no queue to check in and the check in process was very quick, they also upgraded us to a room with a city view, free of charge and we hadn't even requested this, which was great!
Our room was spacious and the view was absolutley amazing. We could not stop staring outside of the window as it was really that nice! The view was of the Empire State and Madison Square Garden!
This hotel is also in a great location and is central to everything. This was our first time in New York so this was great for us. 5th Avenue was a 5 min walk and if you go the opposite way, it took you to Times Square which was about 10-15 mins walking.
We only ever had to use a cab once as everything was so close by so we could walk everywhere, this is good to save money and get exercise!
The only thing that stopped me from giving this hotel a 5* rating is the concierge staff. They were horrible. They were unhepful, rude and were only interested in helping older people or families. The guy who was there was ok, but the lady (forgotton her name) was just really bad and needs to improve on her customer service skills.
Don't let that put you off though, the hotel in general is amazing and the rest of the staff are extremely nice and helpful.
They also have a tik tok diner in the hotel too which is so good and convenient! The food tastes very nice, not bad prices, good staff and if you're feeling too lazy to go somewhere far to eat, this is convenient as it is right in the hotel!
Me and my friend will be returning to this hotel next year and refuse to stay in any other hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York