1,959 results
All reviewsthe financial districtwall streetfulton street subwayfelice restaurantgold streetnew yorkboutique hotellower manhattanfrosted glassbattery parkquiet locationking suiteworld trade centerbathroom doorgreat boutiquefront desk staffvisiting nyc
Reviewed 6 September 2013

So after driving around NYC from 3am - 9am searching for a hotel, I hotwired this hotel and got it. I was greeted with friendliness from the moment I walked in, and both the young lady and young man working the counter working the desk that morning instantly began to help me. They told me that they weren't entirely full the night before and they offered me an early check in by about 5 hours at no cost, they did a walk around with the car before they parked it which personally I think all valets should do. When we got to our room, everything was neat and tidy, and the room was spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is located in a great location near many shops and restaurants. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Gild Hall and if we ever go back to NYC this is definitely where we will stay. Not only because the hotel is really nice, but because the staff at this hotel will really go out of their way to make you feel at home. I can't thank them enough. A+++++

• Stayed: September 2013
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear mcallister44,

We are very flattered that we received the "Best Service Award" from you. Thank you so much! We also appreciate your kind comments about our staff going above and beyond for you. Please come back soon...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a wedding weekend and were pleased. It is suited for business travelers, as it has a computer work area with a nominal $15 charge per day for Internet access. The lobby area provides free wi-fi. No frills... there is no pool or complimentary continental breakfast, although a mid to upper price restaurant and lounge is attached. We got a wedding group discount of $219 per night; I don't know what their regular pricing is, though. The building seemed to be well-insulated, providing us a quiet night's sleep. Generally, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Darryl S

Thank you for your post, Darryl S. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will be returning soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hosted a private event on the 2nd floor and the staff had prepared the venue exactly as we had previously discussed and the food catered from the hotel restaurant, Felice, was amazing. The space was very inviting as it looks like a library.

I also stayed over at the hotel and was impressed at the size of the room. Definitely more bang for your buck than the cramped hotels in midtown. The fridge is stocked with yummy treats too! I highly recommend hosting an event or staying at Gild Hall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear ipearl921,

We were happy to be a part of your event and are glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant Felice and your stay. Thank you for your post and recommendation. We look forward to your return visit.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

A beautiful, stylish but cozy hotel in a great location. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in NYC over the past 15 years and this is one of the nicest ones, I highly recommend it. The restaurant had excellent food.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for posting, AnjaB242. We greatly value your recommendation and look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions and find the hotel a true bargain and relaxing place to stay. It is clean. The staff helpful. It is on a quiet off beat street, yet within 1 block you have a major drug store and gourmet deli and several cafes and restuarants to choose from. 3-4 blocks away are all the major subway lines. Any by the way, did I mention the bar scene after work? It is a good crowd.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

So glad to hear about your consistently great experiences while staying at our hotel, James P. We hope you will be visiting us again soon...

Your friends at Gild Hall!