1,959 results
All reviewsthe financial districtwall streetfulton street subwayfelice restaurantgold streetnew yorkboutique hotellower manhattanfrosted glassbattery parkquiet locationking suiteworld trade centerbathroom doorgreat boutiquefront desk staffvisiting nyc
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Gild Hall is a boutique hotel. Great location for downtown, and close to my office. On this stay (my fifth), I have decided enough is enough.
The issues that I experienced were:
- Arrival and they had no note of previous stays (I was advised that they had changed their systems and lost data)
- Placed in a room with generator noise outside. Understandable after Hurricane Sandy, however there are no quiet rooms. If you arrive with jetlag - like me - you will also have insomnia
- Having reported the room issue at 03:00 on night two to Anthony at reception, no-one called back. Nor did anyone feel the need to contact me at any point during my stay. I stayed for six nights, mainly as I had unpacked and had meetings until late most days
- The next morning, after the early morning generator wake-up – I called down for breakfast at 06:30 when room service was due to start. The chef had not turned up, they would call me back. At 06:45 I called again (no call to my room). Still no chef. I noted that I needed coffee and asked for some toast. At 07:00 they called me and advised that the supervisor had decided that they could make coffee and toast. At 07:25 a bagel and coffee – and cheque - to be paid arrived. The bread for toast had not been delivered yet……
- The next morning I delivered two pairs of trousers at 06:45 for same day delivery. At 19:30 when they hadn’t arrived, I had to call reception. I was advised that the van had an accident and they would be delivered later. No note under the door…
- I then searched for the TV remote, it had been removed from the room. iI notified reception. 20 minutes later, another call to reception. After 30 minutes it was handed to me with no apology, just an "ok"?
Actually Gil Hall - NOT OK!

So there we have it.

Every day niggles which stressed and made me dread returning to the hotel. At more than USD 300 per night – you – and I – can surely find somewhere better.

Room Tip: Stay somehere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank AbuDhabiTraveller
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear AbuDhabiTraveller,

Thank you for also reaching out to me directly and giving me the opportunity to personally rectify the situation for you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Lower Manhattan is a great place to stay on the weekend and Gild Hall was fabulous. Our room was clean and comfortable and everyone who worked there was pleasant and easy to work with. They really work hard to make you feel welcome and not just some random tourist. They offer valet parking but are quick to tell you to check out local garages for better rates. We stayed on the 11th floor by the elevator and it was extremely quiet (I am a light sleeper). My husband and I plan on returning!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear waysidelynne,

Thank you very much for your review. We are always proud to be considered "perfect". We look forward to your return visit...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was great. Seriously cool, unexpected place with very eclectic decor, great aroma in the air throughout the hotel. Spacious rooms with high ceiilings, great lighting in the bathroom. Extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff. I didn't notice typical city "street noise" so the location quiet (I was on the 4th floor). I did not have a chance to experience any of the on-site amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you, Fortworthorbust. We deeply appreciate your taking the time to post and are so glad you had such a great stay. We hope that you will be visiting us again soon.

Your groovy friends at Gild Hall...

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We just stayed three nights at Gild Hall. Our total experience was exceptional for NYC. Staff is very friendly, great help with taxis, room very comfortable and entire hotel impeccably clean. Champagne and chocolate for our anniversary was a nice treat. Thank you Scott Koster and staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Gild Hall for your special occasion, Jodi714. We are happy that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your review, we hope you will be returning to us soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed in Gild Hall for 4 nights in September 2013. The location of the hotel is very convenient. 5 minutes walk to 2-3, 4-5 subway and A-C train. the hotel room was small but it was clean and the bathroom was recently renovated. The staff seemed polite and nice.
The last day, when we picked up our luggage and we wanted to take a taxi, the doorman told us he will take a taxi for us. After few minutes he came with a black car which asked us for 75$ to LaGuardia airport. I asked the doorman to take us a real taxi and it seems expensive ,but he told us it was rush hour and there were no taxis available. The driver then asked for 60$.The traffic was not that heavy. When we got to the airport out of curiosity I asked a cab driver and he told us it is going to be between 40 to maximum 50$!
(And now I have ched the fair in internet: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=NY&from=15+Gold+Street%2C+New+York+City%2C+NY+10038&to=LGA+airport%2C+Queens%2C+NY)
Feeling to be dupped, I called the hotel from the public phone to let them know of the doorman, but the receptionist put me on hold for 10 minutes and at last I hung up!
The few bucks more was not important at all! But the way the doorman tricked us and also the attitude of the receptionist made me feel really bad about the hotel.

Room Tip: The Entrance of the hotel is on Platt Street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Moonlighting_MTL
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Moonlighting_MTL,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the service failure you unfortunately encountered after check out. As you can see from previous reviews, our service is typically where we shine. However, I am very sorry we have failed you. Please, if you would reach out to me directly so that I may personally discuss the incident with you and also to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Warm regards,