1,959 results
All reviewsthe financial districtwall streetfulton street subwayfelice restaurantgold streetnew yorkboutique hotellower manhattanfrosted glassbattery parkquiet locationking suiteworld trade centerbathroom doorgreat boutiquefront desk staffvisiting nyc
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This elegantly appointed hotel is quiet on weekends, when the financial district shuts down and it becomes more residential. We like quiet, but if you want nightlife, you have to go only a short distance to other neighborhoods.
The room was nicely appointed and roomy for two. Service was very friendly and courteous. The only thing I would comment on is that we had only one robe and asked for another to be left n our room when we went out for the day. It was not there and we didn't want to call for one once we undressed for the evening. Why is a room for two outfitted with one robe anyway?
They use a scent throughout the hotel. I happened to find it nice, but it might be a problem if you have scent sensitivities.
We got a good rate on a weekend. I understand it is rather pricy at full price, which could affect the value rating.
It is conveniently located only a few blocks to several subway lines, and a nice walk to the Brooklyn Bridge (to walk over) and to the Seaport, which is scheduled for demolition and may be disrupted in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Debra G,

Thank you for your detailed review and your feedback. We apologize that your room was only equipped with one bathrobe. On another note, we are excited to hear how much you enjoyed our newly created and exclusive Thompson Hotel scent. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Gild Hall is a boutique hotel. Great location for downtown, and close to my office. On this stay (my fifth), I have decided enough is enough.
The issues that I experienced were:
- Arrival and they had no note of previous stays (I was advised that they had changed their systems and lost data)
- Placed in a room with generator noise outside. Understandable after Hurricane Sandy, however there are no quiet rooms. If you arrive with jetlag - like me - you will also have insomnia
- Having reported the room issue at 03:00 on night two to Anthony at reception, no-one called back. Nor did anyone feel the need to contact me at any point during my stay. I stayed for six nights, mainly as I had unpacked and had meetings until late most days
- The next morning, after the early morning generator wake-up – I called down for breakfast at 06:30 when room service was due to start. The chef had not turned up, they would call me back. At 06:45 I called again (no call to my room). Still no chef. I noted that I needed coffee and asked for some toast. At 07:00 they called me and advised that the supervisor had decided that they could make coffee and toast. At 07:25 a bagel and coffee – and cheque - to be paid arrived. The bread for toast had not been delivered yet……
- The next morning I delivered two pairs of trousers at 06:45 for same day delivery. At 19:30 when they hadn’t arrived, I had to call reception. I was advised that the van had an accident and they would be delivered later. No note under the door…
- I then searched for the TV remote, it had been removed from the room. iI notified reception. 20 minutes later, another call to reception. After 30 minutes it was handed to me with no apology, just an "ok"?
Actually Gil Hall - NOT OK!

So there we have it.

Every day niggles which stressed and made me dread returning to the hotel. At more than USD 300 per night – you – and I – can surely find somewhere better.

Room Tip: Stay somehere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank AbuDhabiTraveller
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear AbuDhabiTraveller,

Thank you for also reaching out to me directly and giving me the opportunity to personally rectify the situation for you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Lower Manhattan is a great place to stay on the weekend and Gild Hall was fabulous. Our room was clean and comfortable and everyone who worked there was pleasant and easy to work with. They really work hard to make you feel welcome and not just some random tourist. They offer valet parking but are quick to tell you to check out local garages for better rates. We stayed on the 11th floor by the elevator and it was extremely quiet (I am a light sleeper). My husband and I plan on returning!

Dear waysidelynne,

Thank you very much for your review. We are always proud to be considered "perfect". We look forward to your return visit...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was great. Seriously cool, unexpected place with very eclectic decor, great aroma in the air throughout the hotel. Spacious rooms with high ceiilings, great lighting in the bathroom. Extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff. I didn't notice typical city "street noise" so the location quiet (I was on the 4th floor). I did not have a chance to experience any of the on-site amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you, Fortworthorbust. We deeply appreciate your taking the time to post and are so glad you had such a great stay. We hope that you will be visiting us again soon.

Your groovy friends at Gild Hall...

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We just stayed three nights at Gild Hall. Our total experience was exceptional for NYC. Staff is very friendly, great help with taxis, room very comfortable and entire hotel impeccably clean. Champagne and chocolate for our anniversary was a nice treat. Thank you Scott Koster and staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Gild Hall for your special occasion, Jodi714. We are happy that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your review, we hope you will be returning to us soon.

Kindest regards,