We stayed at the Gracie for a second time. Love New York and the location of the Gracie. We stayed in the large penthouse suite. The place has deteriorated a lot over the last year and is in desperate need of some TLC.
There was 6 of us on a 'girlie' week in NY, we enjoyed the holiday and did overlook the problems with the room. As we were out most of the time it wasn't a major problem but the room needed a good cleaning, the floors rug on the carpet needs replacing as it is very old and dirty. It was full of dog hairs as the previous occupant had a dog staying with them.
The bathroom needs replacing, the sink was loose on the wall and the hot water pipe in there makes it much too hot. The beds in the twin bedroom need replacing, we had to knock the legs in place each morning.
I would recommend the location, the Upper Eastside is a brilliant place to stay, with lots of fabulous restaurants and pubs. The people in the area were so friendly we found everyone really approachable and chatty. Once again I loved my stay in New York but think it really is time the owners of the Gracie spend some money on modernising what could be a lovely inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please see critics reviews in Frommer's New York with kids 2009 and 100 Best Little Hotels New York 4th Edition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Gracie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gracie Hotel New York City
- Gracie Hotel New York City
- Gracie Inn