Central Park Inn
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
US$382
US$339
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$170
US$149
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$152
  • Pool
US$423
US$391
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2010

During an extended stay spending a considerable amount of money, something happened to the lock in my room and I was locked out. The staff were reluctant to call for help and began getting in my face when I asked what was going on, they call someone who could fix it. So i had to go cower away in my T shirt & towel afraid to ask them what to anticipate. On the upside: no bedbugs and great location.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Conveniently located a block away from the subway, the A, C and E-line, Central Park Hostel is a cheap alternative to staying in a hotel. If you are just looking for a place to spend the night, this is perfect! The rooms are very simple, you share them with another person, but all you really need, is a bed. The hostel provides linens, but you have to bring your own towel. There are lockers available for your personal items, and bags are safe in the room. Cheap stay in the City that never sleeps!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I was very pleased with Central Park Hostel. It is situated in 103rd street.
PLEASE NOTE: if you see 'bus guides' outside JFK Airport trying to get you to get 'their' bus (which is not a scheduled bus by the way),as its is cheaper than a taxi, well this type of 'bus' doesn't go to 103rd Street, eventhough I asked the ticket guy, as I found out, I was dumped at 80th street and had to get a taxi in the end so it WAS NOT cheaper to do it this way! On my way back to the airport, it is a good idea to to go 90th street by train, from 103rd Street,and then the number 80 bus to the airport.

Also, the Central Park Hostel does not have money changing facilities and the post office on 100 st does not either, BUT there is a good hostel across the street to the hostel on 100st street and they ARE able to do monecy exchange.

The actual Central Park Hostel is great, the staff are friendly and helpful and it was well worth the money. It does not provide breakfast, but there is a newsagent across the street for you to buy cereals etc and there are fridges and TV and a comfy sofa in the dining area at the hostel for you to keep your food in. Internet access is available there too. There is also money lockers for security, but you need to either bring a lock with you, or they sell them in the newsagent across the street, so I felt really safe there and would recommend it to everyone. The bathrooms are great value for money also, eventhough some showerfloors seem a bit 'grotty' but that did not worry me, as long as you can wash with warm water and have a warm bed, for e cheap price in NEW YORK CITY MANHATTAN,what more do you need?

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I stayed here from Sep 26-Oct 1, 5 nights, in a basic 2 bed mixed dorm/room-shared bathroom. Check-in-The front desk staff was somewhat condescending about providing information about my accommodations. I was given room 306, which turned out to be one of the smallest and noisiest rooms. It is almost directly above the front entrance and faces the street. Late or night or early in the morning, I would be disturbed by people talking, very loud arguments, car alarms and garbage trucks. Small room-There is approx. 4 feet separating my bed from the other bed. I’m a light sleeper, so I’m quite sensitive to a lot of noise preventing me from getting to sleep. I could hear people doing a lot of walking (their heels) above me. I thought this was strange if they had a room the same size as mine! The air conditioner in the room worked well. My room had a stack of 5 really small lockers bolted in place. It’s a room for 2 people, why not have 2 medium sized lockers that can hold a laptop computer and more? The little lockers were not adequate for much (passport, wallet, small camera, not my laptop!!). The single beds (smaller than standard single beds) were adequate. I had no issues with theft.

The kitchen is in the basement, so I had to go up and down 4 flights of stairs constantly. The only people that had it worse were the people on the 4th floor. Bathrooms-There are 3 bathrooms on each floor for approx 12 rooms of 2 people each or 24 people, yet 1 bathroom is woman-only. Since woman use the co-ed bathrooms, but men can’t use the woman-only bathroom, this is not appropriate. The women have access to more bathrooms than the men. All 3 bathrooms should be available to everyone. The bathrooms were generally clean, although the showers were better in some bathrooms than others. Despite the people to bathroom ratio, I only had to wait for a bathroom twice (I got up between 9-930am), and the second time, since I was checking out, found a available bathroom on the first floor (with a crappy shower). The kitchen area was lacking in metal cutlery, drinking glasses and coffee mugs. When I arrived there were 3 mugs, midway into my stay, people took them to their rooms and didn’t return them. There were 3 TVs in the basement, 2 with digital cable receivers. They were adequate. Unsecure Wi-Fi internet access was in the lobby & basement. The Wi-Fi access speed was fine, but the security should have been WPA or WPA2. There are 3 computers in the basement for internet access, 20 min for $10US I think. It’s easy to meet fellow travelers in the basement. Check-out was quick & smooth. The hostel is on a hill, 1 block from the B/C subway lines. There is a medium-sized grocery store 3 streets South down Manhattan St. and 1 street East on 100th. Across the street from the hostel and at Manhattan & 100th is a little grocery store where you can get hot food. The area around the hostel seems to be frequented by Hispanic businesses and is safe.
On one night, the bed next to mine was vacant. The next night (following morning, 5am) the staff assigned the vacant bed to a Russian couple. They woke me up at 5 when they brought in their luggage, then to take out stuff to shower, then later a laptop to find other accommodations. The couple screwed up, thinking they would pay the single person fee for 2 people, so they didn’t pay and left at 10am. Why did the staff give the other bed in my room to 2 people, causing me to lose sleep for nothing? This was a bad decision on the staff’s part. I’ve been in third world countries, seen some awful living conditions and stayed at some crappy hotels. I rate this hotel as average for it’s class of hotel and price.
Summary: I would have had a more restful stay here if I was given a less noisy room on one side, facing away from 103rd street. Room lockers were too small for me. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2010

this was our first hostel experience just to know where we are coming from.

important note to remember for early fall travelers! was there the first week of Oct, temperatures were in the 50s-60s. heater aint controlled by us and it was not on yet, so room could get a tad chilly in the mornings. besides that, the hostel worked our pretty well for us. was kinda prepared for the worse when people mentioned rude staff and what nots.

they have a nice lounge in the basement with lots of seating space, tv and a kitchen. they also have a pay to surf internet there if you need it. their bathrooms and rooms are cleaned everyday or at least once every 2 days. good enough for me. rooms have nothing, no table, no chairs, just a bed. guess that is typical of hostels. definitely nothing to do when in the hostel so this is plainly meant for sleeping only. there is a locker in the room thou if you want to use it. we didn't as they let you keep your valuables with them at the front desk every day you leave the room. so i kept my laptop with them. extremely close to the subway making it very convenient for us to travel downtown in like 10 mins? also, if anyone is interested, there are coin laundry machines just a few streets away (between 105th and 106th on Columbus Ave) so you can do your laundry and not need to bring huge luggage of clothes along.

all in all, experience was great! would definitely recommend people staying there as a budget stay in Manhattan for easy access to everything else awesome.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple