2,274 results
All reviewsthe high lineno elevatormovie postersgreenwich villagemeatpacking districtrock hudsonbagelsnew yorkmovie starsflights of stairsevery morningsubway stationfifth floorfresh fruitcontinental breakfastsmall hotellocation is great
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at Chelsea Pines for 5 days, this time. It was our second stay.
Chelsea Pines is by far the most friendly and hospitable place we stayed at in New York.
Their daily "newsletter" recommending things to do in the city is a great idea, and although we used to live in NY, it always gave us great ideas for new adventures.
The location is great - very central and easy to get everywhere.

Room Tip: If you're not in good shape, ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoMado
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The hotel is just amazin, Jay and Al are, and staff is more than friendly as is hotel cat Charlie who kept me company in my room from time to time (I realize not everybody are cat people so have to stress Charlie is very invisible and timid and extremely polite - it was completeley my idea he should visit my room). Lovely room - film star theme, feeling tres new yorkais (whatever that is) - location betw Meetpacking district, Chelsea and Greenwich village is fantastic, as said, and the nearness to Chelsea Piers and the water makes it ideal for refreshing morning runs. Breakfast is a dream -- overall, best stay in New York ever, will be coming back. Stayed in februari for two and a half weeks with friend and working mate Lilli, each in her own room; we are both writers and worked on a joint project so the office facilities with printers etc. were a very welcome plus for us. Thanks Jay and everybody, and hugs to Charlie. Cannot redommend enough.

4  Thank Monika383
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Jay and Al run a wonderful B&B at the edge of the trendy Meatpacking District.

The Rooms
Every room has a movie star name on the door and you will find lovely equiped room, displaying movie posters from throughout the artist's career. You will even feel like a movie star using the public toilet, which is also a spacious changing room in the theme of Humprey Bogart

The Service
A B&B typically does not come with stars, but this one would qualify for 5 star service. Restaurant reservations, driver services, a walking tour with non-mainstream shops/boutiques in the neighborhood, and a daily newsletter with things to do THAT in New York

The Location
Chelsea Pines is located on 14th between 8th and 9th. It is directly next to the Meatpacking District and The Village, and easy to reach by subway. 14th Street is a subway stop for all (including express) subway trains, so you can travel through the city very fast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SirH
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I recently spent 6 nights at the Chelsea Pines Inn. Before I went, I was a little worried about the lack of an elevator. However, they promised to carry my bags up and down the stairs and the location and price were great so I decided to give it a try. Now I wouldn't hesitate to return. I've never encountered a more delightful staff anywhere. Everyone, from the desk clerks to the maintenance guy, was friendly and helpful. My room was small (this is NYC, after all) but immaculate; the bathroom was perfect and the bed linens were superb. And the breakfast spread was simply amazing.

2  Thank fieldenb
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I had stayed at CPI before back in the late 90's and enjoyed it's sort of laid back urban charm. It was no 5 star property, but for the price and location I remembered it as being a real bargain given it's great location.
What a very pleasant surprise to find this small hotel transformed into a very modern and stylish urban abode! There were so many nice little touches like the wall mounted flat screen TV's, the wonderful assortment of bath amenities from Gilchrist & Soames,
the iPod docking stations to charge my iPhone and the great (and free!) high speed wireless internet throughout the hotel.
I was there on business to conduct some interviews, but had time to spend with friends too as well as wander around this amazing city on my own some. For all these things the location couldn't have been more ideal. It's right off the ACE line and every place I needed to be was really just minutes away...including my friends in Wiiliamsburg (talk about a transformation)!
The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was delighted each afternoon upon returning to my room from my day's outings to find that the Housekeeping staff had put my room back into the immaculate state it was in when I arrived. (No small feat as my room was not that large and I'm not the tidiest traveler)!
I can't recommend this place enough. For the price you won't find a sweeter place to stay.

Room Tip: If stairs are a hinderance for you, request a room on one of the lower floors. (I booked sort of late in the game and didn't have a choice -5th floor- but the housekeeping staff grabbed my bags and hauled them up for me without even asking them to. Again the staff is GREAT!)
2  Thank 3DHI