“Great location, great room, great people”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #53 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife, my son, and I spent four nights at the Chelsea Pines Inn and we were delighted by everything about our stay--the immaculate room, the delightful room (the Rock Hudson, it was), the great location (subway station at the end of the block; the Village across the street, and Highline just down the way,, and all of Chelsea at our feet). Best of all, though, the staff of the Inn: they are as friendly and helpful as any hotel staff we've ever encountered, anywhere. We'll to back, next time we head to NYC.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, but the staff will help you if you're on the fifth floor, which is very...
1  Thank Robert35539
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Pines Inn

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My son and I stayed here for a 5 day trip to NYC this month. Really nice and clean hotel, with nice location in the meatpacking district, which seemed to be the "hotspot" for young upscale bars, etc. European style free breakfast daily. Nicely appointed rooms, not large and spacious, but standard size for NYC and comfortable. Located close to subway station for good access to all boroughs. Staff very helpful and friendly with great recommendations for restaurants, sites, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a lower floor room away from street next time. No elevator and street can be somewh...
2  Thank OldRockKnucklehead
Reviewed 13 March 2012

After researching hotels in the Chelsea/Greenwich Village area, I came across Chelsea Pines Inn. It had so many great reviews, I decided to give it a try. This was a special birthday weekend for my sister and I wanted it to be perfect. And it was! This little hotel is a gem. The rooms are decorated with vintage movie posters and each room is named after a famous celebrity. We made our homes with Tab Hunter and Tony Curtis and they were great hosts. The bathrooms are gorgeous; the bath and bed linens are luxurious, and above all, the rooms are spotless. And I mean spotless.
There is a lovely breakfast each morning - delicious croissants, NY bagels, and homemade breads; coffees, teas, juics, fruits, cheeses, yogurt, etc. The breakfast area and garden patio were so inviting and we made new friends each morning.
The location is fantastic, right on the border of Chelsea, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District. We were within walking distance of great restaurants, shops and Chelsea Market. Although we had ideas on some restaurants, the staff provided great recommendations on places to eat, shops to visit and maps/directions to everything. That's what really sets Chelsea Pines Inn apart from other hotels - the staff. They were so friendly and helpful, you felt ike a guest in their home. They are proud of their hotel and love what they do, and it shows in every little detail.
The entire staff - Jay, Al, Troy, Sean and all the other guys - every person who works there is over the top friendly and delightful. We will definitely be back! We left there with smiles on our faces knowing we made new friends. Thank you Jay and Gang!!
Anne

3  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Charming ! Excellent location ! I can't believe I haven't known about this hotel before ! The owners and staff are so friendly and do everything to make your stay comfortable ! Love the rooms ! We had George Nader room ! The rooms are comfy and each room designed with different posters and photography of actors ! Delightful stay for me and my husband! Excellent location ! Chelsea /meat packing / west village outside your door!! Highly recommend ! continental breakfast and coffee included. !!!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Juliedow
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Chelsea Pines is great. Glad I found it and would definitely stay here again. Great location on the border of Chelsea and the West Village. Staff is super friendly and helpful, the breakfast is bountiful with a lovely little patio garden. My room with private bath was clean and comfortable and was in the back, making it very quiet (there is a small school in the back with kids out playing during the day, but I didn't find this to be a problem). Definitely worth your consideration.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gregory H
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at Chelsea Pines for 5 days, this time. It was our second stay.
Chelsea Pines is by far the most friendly and hospitable place we stayed at in New York.
Their daily "newsletter" recommending things to do in the city is a great idea, and although we used to live in NY, it always gave us great ideas for new adventures.
The location is great - very central and easy to get everywhere.

Room Tip: If you're not in good shape, ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoMado
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The hotel is just amazin, Jay and Al are, and staff is more than friendly as is hotel cat Charlie who kept me company in my room from time to time (I realize not everybody are cat people so have to stress Charlie is very invisible and timid and extremely polite - it was completeley my idea he should visit my room). Lovely room - film star theme, feeling tres new yorkais (whatever that is) - location betw Meetpacking district, Chelsea and Greenwich village is fantastic, as said, and the nearness to Chelsea Piers and the water makes it ideal for refreshing morning runs. Breakfast is a dream -- overall, best stay in New York ever, will be coming back. Stayed in februari for two and a half weeks with friend and working mate Lilli, each in her own room; we are both writers and worked on a joint project so the office facilities with printers etc. were a very welcome plus for us. Thanks Jay and everybody, and hugs to Charlie. Cannot redommend enough.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business