2,292 results
All reviews the high line no elevator movie posters greenwich village meatpacking district rock hudson bagels new york movie stars flights of stairs every morning fifth floor subway station fresh fruit the breakfast area location is great continental breakfast
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was looking for a place to stay with my daughter on a 18th birthday treat to New York city. The Chelsea Pines Inn offered great value with a two bed suite being offered at the same price as a International bog standard hotel twin room....and continental breakfast is included! It all just got better when we arrived. Jay, one of the owners was incredibly helpful and informative with lists of places to eat and things to see locally other than the standard tourist sights. The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was very clean and brightly decorated with big vintage movie posters and pictures.
The hotel is in a good location between mid-town and down-town, with subway on the corner of the block. We actually used the busses so we could have a good look around the city while getting around.
I would highly recommend the Chelsea Pines Inn to any one heading to New York!!!

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was my first visit to Chelsea Pines Inn, although I have stayed at several large commerical chain hotels in the city previously and I shall return to the Inn in the future. CPI is a gem of a find for many reasons but all connected to the staff and customer care. The receiption staff are all very attentivie and were very helpful from the start in making sure I had all the information required to make your stay enjoyable. The local knowledge on where to eat I found particulalrly helpful. The rooms were confortable and as the reader will galther by now, there is a theme with old movie posters and stars from the hollywood hayday which makes them place have a certian charm. The service staff were excellent and were very professional in their work, I always returned to find my room in an immaculate condition. The breakfast is more than adequate to set you up for a days work / play and the location is great for tourists or business travelers alike, as the subways lines are very closely located and to walk out and explore the local area, it is perfectly situated.

I would recommend first time or experianced travllers to the city to try a visit to CPI. After five days at the Inn I really felt at home at the place and the staff were like old friends who did everything possible to make my stay as perfect as possible. Bravo Chelsea Pines Inn.

Room tip: Garden facing rooms may be quieter than those on 14th Street?
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Peter J B
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife, my son, and I spent four nights at the Chelsea Pines Inn and we were delighted by everything about our stay--the immaculate room, the delightful room (the Rock Hudson, it was), the great location (subway station at the end of the block; the Village across the street, and Highline just down the way,, and all of Chelsea at our feet). Best of all, though, the staff of the Inn: they are as friendly and helpful as any hotel staff we've ever encountered, anywhere. We'll to back, next time we head to NYC.

Room tip: There's no elevator, but the staff will help you if you're on the fifth floor, which is very quiet for NYC.
1  Thank Robert35539
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My son and I stayed here for a 5 day trip to NYC this month. Really nice and clean hotel, with nice location in the meatpacking district, which seemed to be the "hotspot" for young upscale bars, etc. European style free breakfast daily. Nicely appointed rooms, not large and spacious, but standard size for NYC and comfortable. Located close to subway station for good access to all boroughs. Staff very helpful and friendly with great recommendations for restaurants, sites, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: I'd ask for a lower floor room away from street next time. No elevator and street can be somewhat noisy at night.
2  Thank OldRockKnucklehead
Reviewed 13 March 2012

After researching hotels in the Chelsea/Greenwich Village area, I came across Chelsea Pines Inn. It had so many great reviews, I decided to give it a try. This was a special birthday weekend for my sister and I wanted it to be perfect. And it was! This little hotel is a gem. The rooms are decorated with vintage movie posters and each room is named after a famous celebrity. We made our homes with Tab Hunter and Tony Curtis and they were great hosts. The bathrooms are gorgeous; the bath and bed linens are luxurious, and above all, the rooms are spotless. And I mean spotless.
There is a lovely breakfast each morning - delicious croissants, NY bagels, and homemade breads; coffees, teas, juics, fruits, cheeses, yogurt, etc. The breakfast area and garden patio were so inviting and we made new friends each morning.
The location is fantastic, right on the border of Chelsea, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District. We were within walking distance of great restaurants, shops and Chelsea Market. Although we had ideas on some restaurants, the staff provided great recommendations on places to eat, shops to visit and maps/directions to everything. That's what really sets Chelsea Pines Inn apart from other hotels - the staff. They were so friendly and helpful, you felt ike a guest in their home. They are proud of their hotel and love what they do, and it shows in every little detail.
The entire staff - Jay, Al, Troy, Sean and all the other guys - every person who works there is over the top friendly and delightful. We will definitely be back! We left there with smiles on our faces knowing we made new friends. Thank you Jay and Gang!!
Anne