“Great location, superb staff”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #57 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was my first stay in the Chelsea area of NYC, and having read all the good reviews of the Chelsea Pines Inn and its staff, I decided to book for two nights in December.

I got a really warm welcome from Louis, the front desk supervisor, who gave me lots of good advice of places to see, places to shop and places to eat & drink in Chelsea. I didn't have time to visit them all during this stay, but the nearby places I went to (e.g. Chelsea Market, The High Line, Coppelia diner) were all great experiences.

I stayed in the "Yvonne De Carlo" room, on the top floor. Being a tall person, I really appreciated the large shower area in the bathroom.

My hat's off to Jay, Louis and the rest of the very friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend a stay at the Chelsea Pines Inn!

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so try to get a room on one of the lower floors if you have problems walkin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Geir S

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We just completed our fourth visit with the guys at the Chelsea Pines Inn. I've reviewed them before, so won't go into great detail (you can look for the other reviews), but would encourage anyone looking for a place to stay in New York to try this wonderful little hotel. The guys there will take good care of you -- and feed you in the morning! You won't regret your decision to try them out. I miss them already and look forward to our next visit. Oh, and they have a mascot: Charlie the cat will be there to greet you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dustywusty
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was my 5th trip to NYC, and probably the best of the hotels I have stayed in. I was looking for something a little different than the big hotel chains, and Chelsea Pines fit the bill perfectly. If you are looking to get to know NYC aside from the lights of time square, you could not ask for a better location that the Chelsea Pines. Fantastic dining, shopping, proximity to the Chelsea Market and Highline Park made for the perfect NYC experience. The staff at the hotel are amazing, and gave us all the info we needed to take advantage of the area. They also take care of all the little details that made us feel amazingly special. It was also so clean and safe...most nights we forgot to lock our deadbolt! Highly recommend this hotel and will go back again.

Room Tip: We booked a suite on the third floor...great choice for two people traveller together as it gave us...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoadyG
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was nervous navigating NYC alone for my first time, but Chelsea Pines Inn and it's fabulous staff made it a fantastic experience. The inn is beautifully charming and inviting, the room was comfortable and well-appointed, the location was safe and convenient, and the service... oh, the service was AMAZING. Each of the staff I engaged with was warm, friendly, extremely helpful and made me feel like a cherished guest in their home. Although I was too nervous for an audition to partake of the breakfast, it looked fresh and delicious... and quite a generous spread. I will definitely stay with them again on future trips to NYC and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a place that feels like home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 11 December 2013

From the moment we arrived , Jay and his team made us feel very special . I have stayed in various hotels in New York over the years but , nothing compares to this place . The magic ingredient that makes it sore above the rest is that they care about you . Its somewhere I will always come back to as it made our trip so special. I highly recommend the chelsea Pines , you will feel special the moment you walk through the doors . Every room is named after a Star , we were in the Doris Day room :) The Breakfast is plentiful and drinks are available all day . The Beds are so comfortable you have no trouble in sleeping . The team will help you with anything you need to know with regards to the city , restaurants ,shows or places to see . 1 min to the subway and you can get to anywhere from 14street subway . If your looking for somewhere friendly and helpful ,then Chelsea Pines is the place for you !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just returned from 5 night stay at Chelsea Pines Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Nothing too much trouble for the staff, booking theatre tickets, recommending restaurants and printing off boarding passes at 1am.
The room was lovely, clean ,spacious with such a comfy bed. Breakfast a great time to plan the day chat to other guests and eat Jay's fab bread.
Locality brilliant, 30 seconds from the subway but also near to Greenwich Village and loads of great restaurants.
Would certainly recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Have stayed in hotels all over the world and without a doubt Chelsea Pines Inn provided THE BEST service ever. From the moment we arrived through the duration of the stay, Jay, Rumel and the entire staff provided whatever service we needed, questions answered, directions, etc. in a prompt and friendly non-rushed manner. They could not do enough to make our stay as great as possible. Very convenient to subway and any number of excellent restaurants i.e. Green Table at Chelsea Market, Rafele, etc. Nearby unique shops in Greenwich Village provided an interesting shopping experience. Will definitely stay at CPI the next time we are in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple