My friend recommended CPI for our first visit to NY. And I recommend (or will) to everyone else. The inn was perfect, went beyond our expectations.
1. Service: from the very beginning the front desk was courteous, professional, and very "welcoming". Checked us in, recommended restaurants, places of interest, and how to get around town. Jay (I believe he is one of the owners) even wrote out the directions for us (no other Hotel, and we've stayed in many coming from Vegas have NEVER had anyone provide this level of service). There should be an additional star(s) for rating.
2. Room: Clean, well furnished, absolutely splendid. Each room has a classic movie-star theme; I smiled, my girlfriend just went "sooooo cute." Fresh towels when needed (and none of that cheap thin-rough kind). Bed was comfortable - even had an ipod station where we plugged in to listen to some tunes. Very modern, yet homey. Great lighting system (can dim to your preference). Awesome.
3. Downstairs: Kitchen - clean, comfortable, and fresh bagels/muffins/orange juice in the mornings. There's a backyard for outdoor sitting, to bad it was too cold to enjoy it.
4. Price: very reasonable. affordable. My friends came by to take a look at the place, and stated: "Dude, you can't get a room like this anywhere in NY for the price you paid." *plus - we stayed the weekend.
5. Accessibility: near the subway - just up the street.
6. Location: We saw Manhattan and in all its glory. Chelsea Market right around the corner - very cool place to hang and get some great eats. Fun walk around the city. We went to union square, empire state, times square, and up to central park to check out the MET (learned a NY lingo). Basically, places of interest are very accessible from Chelsea Pines.
**review was written by a third party - no gimmick - I have no affiliation whatsoever with CPI - this was an independent inquiry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New York City is one of the most interesting, exciting, and diverse cities in the world. There are hundreds of places to see live theater, shop for almost anything, eat food from almost anywhere, visit some of the world's best museums, see fabulous sights, or just have fun, and the newly renovated Chelsea Pines Inn puts you in the center of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chelsea Pines Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Pines Hotel New York City
- Hotel Chelsea Pines
- Chelsea Pine Inn