“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #32 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, CA
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

My friend recommended CPI for our first visit to NY. And I recommend (or will) to everyone else. The inn was perfect, went beyond our expectations.

1. Service: from the very beginning the front desk was courteous, professional, and very "welcoming". Checked us in, recommended restaurants, places of interest, and how to get around town. Jay (I believe he is one of the owners) even wrote out the directions for us (no other Hotel, and we've stayed in many coming from Vegas have NEVER had anyone provide this level of service). There should be an additional star(s) for rating.

2. Room: Clean, well furnished, absolutely splendid. Each room has a classic movie-star theme; I smiled, my girlfriend just went "sooooo cute." Fresh towels when needed (and none of that cheap thin-rough kind). Bed was comfortable - even had an ipod station where we plugged in to listen to some tunes. Very modern, yet homey. Great lighting system (can dim to your preference). Awesome.

3. Downstairs: Kitchen - clean, comfortable, and fresh bagels/muffins/orange juice in the mornings. There's a backyard for outdoor sitting, to bad it was too cold to enjoy it.

4. Price: very reasonable. affordable. My friends came by to take a look at the place, and stated: "Dude, you can't get a room like this anywhere in NY for the price you paid." *plus - we stayed the weekend.

5. Accessibility: near the subway - just up the street.

6. Location: We saw Manhattan and in all its glory. Chelsea Market right around the corner - very cool place to hang and get some great eats. Fun walk around the city. We went to union square, empire state, times square, and up to central park to check out the MET (learned a NY lingo). Basically, places of interest are very accessible from Chelsea Pines.

**review was written by a third party - no gimmick - I have no affiliation whatsoever with CPI - this was an independent inquiry.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

I've been to the Chelsea Pines twice in the past year, once in December 2008 with my wife and once in February 2009 on my own, and had wonderful stays both times. The inn is a great location in Chelsea, a half block from the subway and walking distance from restaurants, nightlife, etc. Each of the rooms are named after a star or starlet of the silver screen (I've been in the Tony Curtis and Jeff Chandler rooms) and feature a set of vintage posters advertising their films. To top it off, the staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. With the rooms being reasonably priced for NYC, where can you go wrong?

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

Don't waste your time searching hours for a good quality hotel because Chelsea Pines Inn will cater for your needs. For the past 10 years that I have been traveling to New York I have continuously had the pleasure of staying at Chelsea Pines Inn. I could if I wish stay at any hotel in NYC but I like to call Chelsea Pines Inn my home from home. The basics are all covered, a clean hotel, quality furnishings, rooms are of a pleasant size with facilities such as Satellite TV, a multitude of TV channels and WiFi. Let's not forget how each room is themed on famous Hollywood names, each stylishly accessorized with original film posters depicting the star in question.

Each morning a wonderful selection of muffins and other breakfast delicacies greet you including tea and coffee. The staff at Chelsea Pines Inn are fantastic, no task is too great, they are always on hand to help. The extra touches also go a long way such as a morning newsletter providing information on local events and attractions including a heads up on the weather. Luxury toiletries in the bathrooms, quality linens provided along with extra bedding if needed, some rooms equipped with a separate kitchen / seating area whilst each room in the hotel is tastefully decorated.

For any visitor to New York a stay at the Chelsea Pines Inn should certainly be considered. The hotel is situated within walking distance of many attractions including SoHo, Greenwich Village, Meatpacking District and the Hudson River Park which is great for jogging enthusiasts like myself or just chilling and watching the world go by. Jay the owner alongside with Al, Rich the staff will certainly help you get the best out of your trip to NYC whilst providing you with good value, quality accommodation whom, if you are like me, will consider calling Chelsea Pines your 'second home'.

Sammual James - McLoughlin

• Liked — Quality of rooms, great service, facilities and central location. Also great value.
  • Disliked — None I can think of
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank sjmcloughlin
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

I loved this place - It was our first trip to New York, and we heard alot of mixed reviews about some of the hotels in New York.
Found the Chelsea Pines inn on tripAdvisor, and I am happy to say it's a Great place to stay. We stayed in the "Jeff Chandler" room. Room was quite compact but really cool and well laid out and had everthing we needed, definitely added to the enjoyment of our trip. Staff are really friendly and Helpful, place is really clean... And the free buffet Breakfast is delish and a nice little perk.
Really nice location, Quiet and quite central - Subway on the corner..... For when you get lazy.
Love the cookies and coffee all day, another nice little perk.....
Definitely will be staying here again when we are going back to New York this October.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
12 Thank Pauly107
amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2009

The best place to stay in New York City. You don't have to look any further, this is where you want to be. Great neighbourhood, quiet garden, clean, wonderfully decorated old and new combined and best of all, the friendliest people I ever met in New York. Helpful, gracious and kind they do all they can to make you feel at home and comfortable. I came to NYC this time to accompany my daughter ... she started an international fashion course in NYC in january. Jay helped as so much to find our way, I was moved. So, I will be back with my husband, my other daughter, my friends ... As for me, I will never stay anywhere else in NYC in my life. This is a gem.

• Liked — service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn the week before Christmas and we had a wonderful time! The atmosphere is very homey, complete with a friendly, cuddly cat. The staff were superb. We got a lot of help with directions and travel information, in addition to some very helpful recommendations for things to see and do. We would never have known to go to Top of the Rock instead of the Empire State Building for great panoramic views! And the pizza place they recommended was perfect. I have seen other reviewers complain that the rooms are small but look guys, this is New York and no room is going to be that big on an average person's budget. (Though the room we were in was big enough, I thought. Who needs a big room when the city is where we all want to be, anyway?) I think Chelsea Pines Inn makes up for that inevitability with little touches, like a fresh and varied breakfast menu, a daily print out of events and weather information delivered to your room, lovely, whimsical decor, and a general ambience of goodwill and hospitality. We will certainly be returning on our next trip to NYC! I've already recommended it to friends.

• Liked — The staff and the cat!
  • Disliked — There wasn't really a down side that I can think of.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moo713
Hilliard, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn and found it to be a great experience. The location is great for subway travel as well as walking to area locations.

The staff was top notch and Charlie the cat added to the pleasant atmosphere.

The continental breakfast which consisted of coffee, juice, fresh bagels and lox (just to name a few items) was superb and exceeded our expectations.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Size of area to hang your clothes.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple