“Super Stay”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #56 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My wife and I stayed over the course of 4 days. We found Jay and his staff to be wonderful hosts. Super nice people. They made our stay a fun and relaxing time. We were billeted in the Donna Reed Room. A very nice, clean and functional room. A/C was cold and the hospitality was warm.

My brother in-law lives in a studio in Chelsea with no extra space and found the "Chelsea Pines" for us. You can't go wrong when the locals love and recommend the hotel to family. I would say that if you are traveling to the city and want a clean, affordable and great location in Chelsea or even the city, I would stay here. Everything is nearby.

We walked most of Manhatten from here in the daytime. It is a great base to see the city. A must do is to walk the high line after you have a meal at one of the many eateries. Nearby and a nice way to enjoy a summers evening.

Thanks Jay, we loved it,

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KODITZU

Reviewed 20 July 2010

While looking for a hotel close to Bumble and Bumble's downtown salon I came across Chelsea Pines. The staff is wonderful, so helpful. The rooms are fantastic, I have stayed twice and enjoyed both rooms. They are not large, but I did not feel cramped at all. In fact, being in NYC it felt nice to have a cozy place to head back to. I have recommended this hotel to all my colleagues.

3  Thank Oboe530
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The hotel’s personality, which is driven by the owner and staff, is friendly, outgoing, helpful, colorful and diverse. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Our room’s personality was that of Doris Day and we found the Doris Day theme to be unique and enjoyable. We took advantage of the atrium to enjoy the great continental breakfast each morning and a glass of wine in the early evening. We travel extensively in Europe and always look for this type of hotel, we just did not expect to find such a place in New York City. We’re already planning our next trip to NYC for the Christmas Holidays – hopefully we will be able to get in to the Chelsea Pines Inn. We highly recommend the Chelsea Pines Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DLCLSC
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I love staying at the Chelsea Pines Inn. The staff are friendly and helpful and always make me feel at "Home". Fun rooms and wonderful people--it's just the best.

2  Thank TerryStone
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We were greeted by Jay upon our arrival, and couldn't have felt more at home. He got us settled in, gave us ideas of things to do, and was overall most accommodating. We stayed in a first floor room, the George Nader room. It was small, but very tastefully decorated with cool posters and very clean and tidy. The bathroom was clean and very nice. There were some issues with the hot water the first day, but it cleared up so no complaints. The room was on 14th street so a little noisy, but to be expected. It took a little getting used to the clanging of the front gate as people went in and out of the hotel. Breakfast was fine but nothing fancy. On our last day, we ventured to the Diner down the street for a hot breakfast. We loved having kitty Charlie Chaplin around the lobby, a nice touch (we love cats). The other staff were fine, but we were spoiled by Jay, and wished that they were all as friendly and accommodating--it varied from staff to staff. Zee (sp?) was very helpful in finding us a really good after-Broadway restaurant!! (Uncle Nicks Greek on 10th Ave between 50 and 51st).

Overall, this hotel is a great find in NYC. Convenient location, reasonable rates, and very comfortable. We will be back again!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank trav2go1
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Fantastically helpful and friendly staff, Hollywood stars themed comfy rooms, free wifi, Gilchrist & Soames bath products, free business center and a cat named Charlie located near the Apple store, Chelsea Market and so much of what makes lower Manhattan the electric hub of the city.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank henryortega20
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn in July to meet with a NY colleague and also visit friends while in town. I booked a suite which was perfect, as my colleague and I met in the extra room. My colleague lives in NY and couldn't believe the size of the rooms. She was going to tell her folks about the Inn for an upcoming visit.

In the room there's a coffee maker with GOOD coffee, and a fridge and kitchen area, which is so nice to have. Free wireless - a huge plus. Breakfast is terrific - so many options. A lovely courtyard out back. The staff were terribly helpful and pleasant. Each morning they drop a sheet of goings on in the area and recommendations for activities. It is extremely well run, clean and cozy. Half a block from the subway at 14th and 8th Ave. Steps from good restaurants, and so easy to get to midtown or downtown. I will definitely stay here again and tell my friends!

3  Thank milesdd