“Fantastic and Friendly”

Ranked #44 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and Friendly”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I was made to feel very welcome and staff were able to help with my enquiries.
The rooms are well designed - I enjoyed staying in the Susan Hayward room.
Breakfast was delicious and a perfect time to chat to other guests.
The daily information sheet was a thoughtful touch and very useful.
The hotel is in a good location and within walking distance of many attractions. The subway is conveniently located to take you to Broadway

I can't sing the hotel's praises enough.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Ruth011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I travel to NY often and have stayed in a lot of places. After three nights last July, this is my favourite . The Chelsea/West Village location is perfect if you want to be in a great neighbourhood, but not in the middle of tourist hell. There are many, many great restaurants around and the High Line and Meat Packing District are just down the street. The owners are terrific, wonderfully friendly, and give great advice on things to do. Then there is Charlie the cat. This handsome boy will steal your heart.

I should probably note some of the specifics too. I was in NY in the middle of a heat wave and the AC in this hotel worked beautifully. My room faced the back and was so quiet that getting up in the morning was a bit of a problem -- great sleeps! Towels and linens were very nice and comfy. All those little details are attended to. I love Chelsea Pines Inn and will definitely stay again when I am in NY.

2 Thank SherryMontreal
Wheaton, I
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Chelsea Pines went beyond our expectations. The rooms were clean and comfy, the Bathroom was spacious and even the day bed was pretty comfortable. The staff was so nice and helpful, they helped us with directions, theater tickets, etc. They went above and beyond. Every morning there is a great breakfast with delicious muffins, fruit, yogurt...we always enjoyed eating outside on the cute garden patio. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Anne

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank annefitz1155
Dubai
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Doris Day room, so cute! Lovely bed. Nice bathroom - although lacks enough hooks and rails for towels. Efficient, service absolutely above and beyond every time. I went because of other reviews that said this, as I was a solo traveller in New York and the staff were as great as I hoped, really helpful and friendly - even went out and got me special breads for breakfast because of an allergy! The cat is really not the pain other travellers paint him to be - if you're not interested in paying him any attention, he'll completely leave you alone! And it's fun to have a cat wander about! Breakfast was lovely. The only two issues are the stairs when you have suitcases (although staff will help you with them) and the construction work going on in one of the buildings behind the garden although it's not particularly noisy - and hey, you'll be out of the room mostly in the day. A little gem.

2 Thank Suz_L
santa monica
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My family took our first trip to NYC to visit my daughter's friend who is attending NYU. We had only 4 days to see what we might. I picked Chelsea Pines Inn because of the wonderful reviews. Who could pass up staying in a room with Anne Francis memorabilia? The 3 young adults/teenagers had a 1 bedroom suite which provided a good amount of space. ALL the staff at Chelsea Pines were warm and helpful from the moment I called to make reservations to when we said good-bye!! A great subway hub entrance is 1 block from the hotel and you can go anywhere in the city. It is a quiet neighborhood and safe to walk around. Cheslsea Pines offered varied breads, excellent jams, cereal, fruit, great coffee and teas for breakfast. There is no elevator. There are 1st floor rooms if preferred. We saw more of NYC that we expected, primarily due to the location and the cheerful help of the staff.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank uzengirl
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2010

When I first learned that I was on the top floor, I thought hmmm..well the stairs just became easier and easier each day - and were not a problem at all - the rooms were fabulous with the option to open my window and hear the leaves rustle - go figure - NY?
I have at the Park Plaza, the Peninsula and the Lowell and I will be returning to the Chelsea Pines Inn - for many more visits - biggest complaint? they did not have a tea pot - I will bring one for them on my next stay so that won't be an issue!

2 Thank Pames1957
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Traveling from Texas to NYC was an experience in itself. We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect place to call home for a few days. The assistant manager, Troy, was the icing on the cake. He made us feel so welcomed and was invaluable with his site-seeing suggestions and impeccable directions.Thanks Troy!! You can't beat the central location and the charming neighborhood. While you're there, be sure to visit with Charlie Chaplin -you won't believe the resemblance!

• Stayed July 2010