Chelsea Pines Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Soho House New York(New York City)
  • Pool
Dream Downtown(New York City)
  • Pool
The Maritime Hotel(New York City)
The Jane(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The GEM Hotel Chelsea(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
The High Line Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Chelsea Savoy Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
2,217 results
All reviewsthe high lineno elevatormovie postersgreenwich villagemeatpacking districtdaily newsletterrock hudsonbagelsnew yorkmovie starsflights of stairsevery morningsubway stationthe meat packing districthome from homefifth floorrestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The Chelsea Pines Inn offered the best service during our 4-weeks-round trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended the best restaurants (good food, not expensive), helped us a lot to solve problems with our car rental service (lots of unpleasant phone calls), moved us to a larger room when the wc didn't work, suggested theater plays etc.
First we had the Donna Reed room on the fourth floor which was really nice and - for New York City - surprisingly big. It was very clean as was the bathroom. We loved the shampoo and body lotion! When there were problems with the wc, we were moved to a more spacious room on the first floor, the Albert Finney room. It was brilliant, too.
The location of the hotel is great: The subway station is around the corner and restaurants, shops and cafés are within walking distance.
The breakfast was nice, too: There were fresh bagels, muffins and cake every day along with creme cheese, peanut butter, honey, fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee etc. You could even have cookies in the afternoon.
We will definitely stay there again, if we go to New York City!

1  Thank Espressomocca
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We don't enjoy large impersonal hotels where you must stand on line to check in, check out, use the elevator, etc. Staying at this hotel, located right on 14th street, is like having a pied-a-terre in the city - easy, you just walk in and you're home. No waits. The staff was very kind and helpful, made good recommendations for food, shopping and parking. Accommodations had a European feel. Nice to have a continental breakfast included in the AM - just easier that way. We will stay here again, I'm sure.

1  Thank joybithaca
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My wife and I travel to NYC a few times a year from the DC area and decided to try new lodging in the Chelsea area. Trip Advisor's reviews got us to the Chelsea Pines and it is our new first choice for where to stay. Despite being on a major road, it is refreshingly quiet inside the rooms and quite relaxing in the central outdoor court surrounded by green. There was an abundant breakfast every morning and a daily newsletter of current things to do. Our room was quite comfortable with a refrigerator and safe. We were 1/2 block from the subway which we used when not walking around the sights in Chelsea, to the Village and to multiple unique restaurants. The staff was exceptionally helpful and there were always fresh apples and chocolate at the front desk. We wish we had had time to try the comedy club a block away. We'll be back.

2  Thank BarbB91
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I was made to feel very welcome and staff were able to help with my enquiries.
The rooms are well designed - I enjoyed staying in the Susan Hayward room.
Breakfast was delicious and a perfect time to chat to other guests.
The daily information sheet was a thoughtful touch and very useful.
The hotel is in a good location and within walking distance of many attractions. The subway is conveniently located to take you to Broadway

I can't sing the hotel's praises enough.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Ruth011
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I travel to NY often and have stayed in a lot of places. After three nights last July, this is my favourite . The Chelsea/West Village location is perfect if you want to be in a great neighbourhood, but not in the middle of tourist hell. There are many, many great restaurants around and the High Line and Meat Packing District are just down the street. The owners are terrific, wonderfully friendly, and give great advice on things to do. Then there is Charlie the cat. This handsome boy will steal your heart.

I should probably note some of the specifics too. I was in NY in the middle of a heat wave and the AC in this hotel worked beautifully. My room faced the back and was so quiet that getting up in the morning was a bit of a problem -- great sleeps! Towels and linens were very nice and comfy. All those little details are attended to. I love Chelsea Pines Inn and will definitely stay again when I am in NY.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo