“We could not have asked for more or better for our stay in New York”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #53 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We found Chelsea Pines an excellent place to stay in our first trip from Australia to the vast city of New York. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and were a great help in enabling us to find our feet. The location is superb, only meters from a subway station on one of the most useful lines on the network, and there are loads of places to eat within walking distance (even if it was below freezing the whole week!) My only complaints might be that the room was little overheated (although airconditioned I did not feel it was really the thing to do to turn it on in midwinter!) and that I would have liked some savoury or 'ordinary' bread for breakfast, as most of the things there seemed to be a bit sweet or sticky. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Chelsea Pines to anybody in search of a place to stayin New York City.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tonymf
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Pines Inn

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Definitely the best place to stay in NY! I will surely go back to Chelsea Pines Inn during my next visit to New York City. I recommend it to everybody :-)

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Grimilde1985
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I cannot wait to get back to New York City, so far one of our most favorite places throughout our extensive over seas travels. Jay, Sean and the team at Chelsea Pines in were amazing, helping us with a map and most popular destinations. They even provided us with a resturant list, daily weather updates under the front door with a suggestion of things to do. Breakfast was also a excellent service this hotel provides with a fresh selection every morning included in your room charge. They even kept our bags safetly for us leading up the our departure and called a hire car to be waiting for us. The team was friendly, helpful and most of all very willing to lend a hand. We were recommended by close family friends and will most defiantly recommend this hotel to other friends and return very soon.. I hope !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KiranAlexTravels
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Caught up in the European travel chaos caused by bad weather, I had to call the Chelsea Pines several times to delay my arrival, cancel cars etc. Each call was dealt with patience and a ' don't worry, we look forward to seeing you when you do eventually arrive ' . Exactly what I needed to hear in my time of panic and uncertainty !
This care and concern for the client was reinforced when I finally arrived for one nights stay, instead of the original four. Immediate warmth and friendliness from the owner Jay Lesiger plus helpful info on restaurants and the local area; ( Thanks Jay for steering me towards Chelsea Market and the High Line). Over my brief stay all the staff shared the same principles of being friendly and helpful.
And then there was the comfort of my room - the Anne Frances since you ask. Clean, spacious, well appointed. ( The room that is, not Anne Frances ). Are you getting the impression I liked this place ? You bet I did. I will be back there in a shot the next time I visit New York and I would recommend it without hesitation. Perfect location, perfect service, perfect price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank billmcc46
Reviewed 15 January 2011

What a great place to stay, absolutely made a 40th Birthday trip to New York. Lovely continental breakfast in the morning with loads to choose from that set us up for the days out in the city. All of the staff were very helpful and just made us both feel very welcome. Booked a meal out on recommendation and it was superb. All in all would not hesitate to recommend Chelsea Pines and when we next return to NYC will definitely be staying again.

2  Thank andAlfiemakes4
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Great people, fabulous rooms....We loved our stay! They were so good to us and made our time in New York amazing!!!! Thanks, for everything Jay!

We can't wait to go back and will make Chelsea Pines our home base from now on!!!!

2  Thank JenNRebecca
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Our first impression of Chelsea Pines Inn was of its old Hollywood movie poster decor and friendly hosts. The inn was warm and inviting on a very cold winter's night. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had some nice touches with the themed movie star rooms, tall ceilings, and a precious kitty that loved to be invited in for a quick nap. The inn is within walking distance from two subway stops, and the surrounding neighborhood has some cozy restaurants and interesting shops. The hosts were so friendly and I loved the little kitchenette area where you could stop for a warm drink and snacks.

My husband and I definitely plan to stay here again. Be sure to book in advance as this is a popular place!

2  Thank MaryLeeH