“Great dinner, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cochranville, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Dinner with friends and family, 14 people, no problem. Great authentic Irish menu reasonable prices lucnd and dinner. Located a block from Times Square.

Visited May 2014

groot ammers
“dont eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

bad/cheap food,no selection, super expensive and there is nothing with real worth, bad service, great location

dont eat here

Visited November 2012
Miami, Florida
“great huge sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

the sandwiches here are amazing! it takes two to eat a whole one. bring an appetite and cash. This place takes cash only

Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

The morning breakfast buffet at the hotel is amazing. Great food, very clean area, and excellent service

Visited February 2012
New York City
“BEWARE!!! Restaurant is Clueless!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2008

On Sunday, December 14th, 2008, I had matinee tickets to see Liza Minnelli at the Palace Theatre, which is right next door to the DoubleTree Hotel on Broadway, at 47th Street. The Center Stage Cafe is the main restaurant of the hotel. I figured that the restaurant would be a very good pick for lunch because it was so close to the theatre, right next door -- BIG MISTAKE!!! The restaurant was horrible, and entirely clueless about food and beverage service, clueless.

I made a reservation the day before, on Saturday. The reservation was for 1 PM. The show was at 3 PM. I showed up at the restaurant at 1 PM sharp, as planned. There was not a soul at the restaurant to greet me, no one at all (first impression). Eventually, a busboy happened to walk by and I told him that I had a reservation. He answered back "sit wherever you like", which was not the worst thing, I suppose, since the place was completely empty. I was the only person in the whole place (that should have told me something right away). I was waiting for my friend who was on his way.

When my friend arrived, the waiter asked us if we wanted any drinks. My friend ordered a "Bloody Mary". I ordered an iced tea. The waiter said "fine" and then went on his way to get our drinks. Ten minutes later, he came back to the table and told us that the hotel's bar couldn't make a "Bloody Mary". He said that they "didn't have the mix". I said "This is a hotel in Times Square. You can't make a Bloody Mary?". My friend then ordered a "Screwdriver" instead. I never got my iced tea. I had to remind the waiter about it again ten additional minutes later.

We ordered "Shrimp Quesadillas" as an appetizer, to share. We got "Chicken Quesadillas" instead. We didn't say anything about it. They weren't that bad. They were mediocre, which was fine, but not what we ordered. My friend asked me at some point if I had a napkin?". I said "no". I looked around the room. There was not a single napkin anywhere in the whole dining room, on any table, not a one -- bizarre!

Our main courses were served. I ordered the "Smoked Turkey Panini" because I absolutely LOVE "pesto" and it was supposed to be dressed with a pesto dressing. My friend ordered the roasted vegetable wrap. My panini had no pesto in it at all, of any kind, none, zero. There were fried chips on the plate that were completely stale and burnt. They tasted horrible. My friend's plate had cold pasta salad on it that was stale too, and had actually turned color on the ends. It was unbelievable, truly.

I asked to speak with the chef. I was told that the chef was "not in", only "the cook". I said "fine, could I please speak with the cook?". "The cook" came to the table. We showed him the problems with the food. He saw that my panini had no pesto in it. He saw that my friend's pasta salad was stale and had turned color on its ends. All he could say was that the stale and burnt chips were "not his fault because they came out of THE BAG that way". We were stunned. He offered to make our entrees again, but we were so turned off by that point. The restaurant didn't charge us anything, and we went on our way. I wasn't looking for a free meal. I really wanted a good dinner. What we got was pathetic.

The place is totally clueless! It might have been the worst meal I've had in New York -- ever!

2 Thank BrianDavidNYC