“Great pizza!”

Serafina at The Time Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Serafina at The Time Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #840 of 13,619 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Description: Serafina takes a very honest approach to Northern Italian food with only the highest quality ingredients. Serafina's Fabulous Pizza delights diners with a simplicity of recipe execution combined with creative and original Italian dishes.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The family and I loved Serafina at the Time Hotel. We had great service and our waitress Anna was outstanding!. The pizza was wonderful....as that is what we all got. The place had a really nice feel and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! Thank you.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Fred M

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I called to make a reservation for 2 and they told me it wasn't needed, we could just walk-in and we'd be seated. I was hesitant about this, but they were right! We were seated immediately. The restaurant did begin to get packed right when we were leaving around 7pm. The food here was absolutely delicious! We ordered the penne alla vodka and the spicy penne. Both were fantastic and we ate every last bite! If you like sangria, you must try it here. The homemade pistachio ice cream was also great. The prices are a little high, but it is NYC. The waiters/waitresses are attentive even when they are busy. The only reason I did not give this a full rating was because our receipt had the gratuity for 15%, 18%, and 20% on the bottom, but the 15% was completely blackened out with fresh pen ink. We were going to leave a 20% tip regardless because the food and service was great, but I did not like that someone (possibly the waiter) did that on the receipt.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TinyAtlas
“Have to try it”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Small tables but amazing food. Cornish Game Hen and mushroom ravioli were the best. Ate there 2x this trip b/c so good!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Nikki S
New York City, New York
“Watch pizza being made”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Ordered a mushroom pizza. It was whole wheat and delicious. The goat cheese and spinach salad was very good. The chopra salad had apple and greens. Both salads were fresh. The next dishes were branzino with shrimp and clams and lobster ravioli. Both dishes were excellent. We had a round table in the back near the pizza station. I recommend you make a reservation.

1 Thank Re27k
Mexico City, Mexico
“Pretentious and overpriced”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I went to dinner before a broadway show and I have to say that dinner at Serfina was definitely the low point of what was an otherwise great evening.
The restaurant is roomy and has a nice casual decoration and the menu has most of the traditional Italian staples. Our dishes were fresh, but the flavor was average at best. The waiter was a bit obnoxious, I found it annoying that he insisted on pushing the most expensive Items on the menu, and did not pay attention when we mentioned that we have dietary restrictions….
I ordered a diet coke and got the smallest bottle that I have ever seen, and when I switched to brewed Iced tea, I was surprised to see that they charge full price for each refill… which means that in the end, you wind up paying about $50 USD for an appetizer, a pasta and softdrinks….
Considering the other options available in NYC, I will not go back to Serafina anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014