“Boys are good, plot line - terrible!”
Review of Billy Elliot the Musical - CLOSED

Billy Elliot the Musical
More attraction details
Owner description: Billy Elliot The Musical is the new show that has captured Broadway's heart and received the best reviews for any musical in years. Called "extraordinarily uplifting" by Time Out New York and "intoxicating" by The New York Times, Billy Elliot is a joyous, exciting and feel-good celebration of one boy following his heart and making his dreams come true. Based on the critically acclaimed feature film, Billy Elliot is brought to life by the movie's original creative team and music legend Elton John.
New York City, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Boys are good, plot line - terrible!”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just skip this show, no member of your family will enjoy it. Music is blah, language - crude, dancing is good but does not have the capacity to save the show. I personally was nauseated by the communist/socialist undertones. If the show comes to your town do a polite " no, thank you"

Visited December 2011

Sunderland, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant, I'm from where The story is based.”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Really enjoyed it, our first broadway show and it was fantastic, accents were good and the child singers were singers we're amazing, loved the police riot shield scene. Going to see jersey boys soon hope that is as good.

Visited July 2011
Fair Lawn, NJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Show”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Wonderful show! Awesome dancing! Great for anyone who likes musicals!

Albany, NY
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“My friends loved it, but I was disappointed.”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I love musicals and I love dancing, but this show just didn't do it for me. I liked the movie better.

Visited March 2012
Long Island, NY
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great show--trouble with the accents”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I loved this show. The dancing is spectacular. My only gripe is that some of the characters used an accent that was at times difficult to understand.