“Average price = Average hotel in NYC”

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Ranked #347 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over New Years so it was fairly steep but not as steep as staying near Times Square. It's an ok location but more geared for business travellers. The rooms are small but it's New York City and ever square inch comes at a price even more so on New Year's Eve!

• Stayed: December 2012
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it.!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Second time staying here. Both times nice and friendly staff. I am platinum with Priority Club both times the front desk acknowledged with a couple bottles of water and some MMs in the room. Great example of the little things making a difference. I would recommend staying here. The rooms are compact but comfortable and it is centrally located in the FD which is great if you are like me with clients scattered throughout the area.

Another tip, great burger and wine deal at the Capitol Grill about a block and a half down the street.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MKCM2005

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing us again, I appreciate your comments and patronage. I agree with you, the burgers at Capitol Grill are fantastic! - Thanks again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Holiday Inn in October, 2013 for a long weekend in New York. The hotel proved to be a great option at a reasonable price for our leisure trip.

We arrived late (after midnight) on a Thursday night/Friday morning. Since our flight was coming in so late, I had called to front desk to leave a note to that effect on our reservation. The clerk was friendly and helpful, and our room was waiting as described upon our check-in.

The room itself more than met our needs since we weren't planning on spending much time there anyway. It is small, but there aren't many large hotel rooms in New York. Compared to other places we've stayed, it was only basically furnished with a bed, two small night tables, desk, and closet, but this did leave enough room for two people and their suitcases to move around with minimal hassle. It was showing its age a little bit in terms of the carpet and wallpaper, but overall was clean and well-maintained. Our 11th floor room was quiet with minimal street noise, and since there were only 5 rooms on the floor, we never heard much from the hallway either. The climate control seemed to work well enough, but we did have beautiful October weather, so we didn't have much need for either heat or AC. The bathroom was decent-sized, given the size of the room and the provided amenities were more than sufficient for our needs. The bed afforded a good night's sleep but is a little on the firm end.

The staff at the hotel were excellent. As I mentioned earlier, my original phone call went very smoothly as did our late night check-in. When I had a problem printing my event tickets at the business center, the clerk allowed me to duck behind the front desk to use their computer and printer. The staff were also very helpful with directions and holding our bags after we had checked out on Sunday afternoon.

The hotel's location worked out better than I thought it would. Since the purpose of our trip was leisure, I was a bit concerned about staying in the financial district since its reputation is that it empties out on nights and weekends. However, there was enough foot traffic late at night and early in the morning that the area didn't feel deserted, but not so much that we had to deal with street noise all night. On top of that, it's about a 5 minute walk to the Fulton St. subway station, which provides easy access to just about all points in the city.

In all, we were very pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn and will keep it in mind for our next trip to New York.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel; I appreciate your feedback and patronage.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm a road warrior living in hotels.
rel-estate in Manhattan is near impossible to find... rooms are always small and cramped, with this being said this was still a pretty nice sized room.
Price= 350 per night.. kinda peak time you should be able to pick it up cheaper.
Area= right in the middle of the financial district perfect to visit Freedom tower and other tourist features.
Parking= kinda hard not real close. found parking for 35 per day on Platt St. but watch these shysters they'll move your car out to the road so you don't even have time to review your bill and see they've over charged you. I questioned it as they barked back at me but had to move my car before other drivers were going to kill me.
Room= great room.. nice windows however i could see where if you don't have a high floor you would be stuck looking at old worn out buildings.
Perks= I was upgraded to the top floor beautiful views of some major buildings. very nice no food coupons you'll have to buy your breakfast at the restaurant which isn't so bad.
Restaurant= food pretty darn good. i was really surprised. Nice staff and prices are high but not exorbitant.
Amenities = not sure didn't use
value= pretty pricey but it was peak time and i'm certain you can pick this place up for 1/2 of what i did.
only neg. thing i have to say is the elevator is kinda sketchy... just rattles and rumbles a bit much for me esp when on the 20th floor.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2005.. amazing views... fairly large room for Manhattan without paying 1500 per nig...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear guest,

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! - I hope you choose us during your next trip to NYC...thank you.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday in at the end of August. Our room was smallish but suited all of our needs, it was quiet and the air conditioning worked well. We found the front of house staff very helpful throughout our stay. We ate breakfast in the café each morning and found the waitress exceptionally friendly and she made us feel really welcome.
The hotel is really close to many attractions and is also very near the underground metro.
Would recommend this hotel if you need a quiet base but within easy reach of all of the attractions. Would stay here again on a future visit

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad that our location worked out for you...Please come back soon.! Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Its conveniently located near ground zero in the financial district, entrance is small and also the rooms and floors are, but that's usual in New York... Still I thought how would that been if I where with my mother sho's on a wheelchair... they have an agreement with a parking that 1-2 blocks away. Its also near to the subway. Its a good option for the price, but for my taste, I'd rather stay more up to north near 50st or so. Still a nice, clean hotel, friendly staff. Budget convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I am pleased to know that your enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Firstly the plus points......located in the Wall Street area so very convenient for my form's New York offices with 5 minute walk to World Financial Center. Clean and my room was very well serviced each day. The time spent in the hotel was minimal so I did not use the restaurant or the fitness room though both seemed to be working ok.
Now the minus points. I know it is NYC but the cost was fairly expensive and had been hiked up because of the United Nations General Assembly ( though I doubt any of them stayed there ). The room had no refrigerator and at 250 euro per night it seemed an expensively overpriced hotel. Very small ( non existent ) reception area and they cannot call you a cab,,,,but can call a car service which costs 50% more than the taxi fare !!!
I would stay there again but compared to midtown and uptown hotels , I would go elsewhere for the price I paid.

Room Tip: Not the 8th floor............opposite the housekeeping room where they bang around at 6.30 am.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1957Marco
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear 1957Marco,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize for the service you received that was less than satisfactory. We also apologize you were not satisfied with the rates. Prices vary depending on the dates and are competitive within the area. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M