“Great hotel in wonderful location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Ranked #321 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in wonderful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

First things first, not that cheap but all relative and that is the cost of staying in NYC. The hotel staff were excellent. The comp breakfast and wifi both were excellent. Room was smallish but bathroom fine size and space at a premium in the big apple. Quiet too so an excellent sleep. Great location for subway and battery park. Recommended

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan O
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing us! - I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York - Manhatten
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

if longer in NY recommend to buy a METROCARD .Very good location for tourists and business people who dont mind using the subway.
Tourist have the major places to see on your doorstep.Plenty of restaurants of all pricelevels close by. Safe place to stay. Even at night I felt very safe walking in the streets. Also shopping places arein the vincinity..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

LilianaSindler, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel. We are steps away from Broadway and that makes our location even more convenient as mostly all subway stations can be reached only steps away from our hotel.

I also have to agree that neighborhood is very safe.

I thank you again for your comments - they are vital to improve our service.

Have a most wondeful day
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a work trip. The location was great as my office is just down the street. The room itself was nice, but small (as is typical for hotels in Manhattan), but this was really small. Amenities were nice though in terms of desk, lighting etc. About the only thing that I found terrible was the food. I didn't even eat it but the breakfast menu looked of very poor quality. So I went to Starbucks down the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel regarding your last stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, as your comments are vital to ensure full guest satisfaction.

I want to say thank you for the positive comments regarding our location. I am sad, however, to hear you did not like the size of the rooms and the food in our Restaurant.

We have different sizes of rooms – some of them are way bigger than others. I am sure you stayed in one of the small ones. I would like to invite you to please contact me when you are planning to visit New York City again so that I may personally handle your reservation and assign you a very nice and big room for your next stay with us.

As for the Restaurant food, I am so sorry you didn’t like it and will pass on information to Restaurant Manager for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and have a most wonderful day.
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during my marathon trip. Very close to ferry (10min walk) to get to the start and easily accessible by subway (to get from the Central park back). Otherwise good hotel; not tall enough to have a view from the room other than a building on the other side of a lane.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
LilianaSindler, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel regarding your last stay with us and thanks as well for the positive comments regarding our location.

As for the view, you are correct - due to our hotel's location is in the middle of the Financial District , we are surrounded by buildings that are taller than us. I hope, however, that the great location, nice staff and comfy rooms compensated the view you did not get.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was a great place to stay! After staying a night at Pan-America in Queens with my family and realizing the sketch neighborhood wasn't for us, I looked up a hotel with an affordable rate in Manhattan and this is what came up!

While walking into the lobby wasn't as glorious as you may think, this place was great! The service was great and the rooms were just enough size, considering the inner city location. I had my parents and two siblings with me who were first time NYC visitors and the ease of travel with four different subway stations within walking distance was great. It was also very close to landmarks such as the 9/11 Memorial, Wall Street, Trinity Church, and Battery Park (to get to the statue)

Overall, location and service was great. Beds were comfy from the hours walking around and being a tourist in NYC, plus the rates were great (matched that of the Pan-Am hotel that we left).

Would definitely stay here again when I come back to NYC!

Room Tip: Room on south side of the building faced the windows of the building across the street and you can l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JaseDom
LilianaSindler, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property and thank you for the “Excellent” score you gave us. Your feedback is vital to us as this continually helps us improve the service we offer to our guests.

We are so pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel. We are also very glad to hear that our staff reached and even surpassed your expectations. We have an outstanding team that would do the outmost to make your stay enjoyable and we are happy you noticed it and that you left satisfied.

You mentioned you will definitely be back. I want to offer you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay just as a token of our most sincere appreciation for staying again with us once more. Please do not hesitate to contact me when your plans bring you back to NYC. I will ensure your next stay will be the same or even better than this past one.

Again, thank you for your comments and have a most wonderful day.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Me and my best friend went here in November 2013 we stayed for a week and have to say staff where lovely, let us print tickets and other things off from reception, helped us out with giving us maps and loads of information. Check in is at 3pm we arrived at just before 2pm and they let us check in and go to our room which was very kind of them.Right beside 9/11 freedom tower, battery park, statue of liberty, get subway to main tourist attractions times square, empire state building etc. One thing they don't mention on the website which they really should is that it is right around the corner from broadway, practically on it. amazing time, and would def stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sineadw33
LilianaSindler, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel regarding your last stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, as your comments are vital to ensuring full guest satisfaction.

We are pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel. As you mentioned in the review, we are indeed at steps away from Broadway and that makes our location even more convenient.

I am also glad you were able to check in early at hotel – we understand our guests and accommodate them with early check-in or late check-out when available.

Lastly, I want to say thank you for the positive comments regarding our Front Desk members. It is true that they are always ready to assist our guests with anything needed. I am glad they met your expectations on your last stay as well.

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel in brief;
Convenient Location - super close to subway stations (Wall St. & Fulton St.), 911 memorial, Statue of Liberty and etc.
Warm and quiet rooms
Efficient and kind staff
Hearty breakfast

I enjoyed my 3 brekkies at Holiday Inn Wall Street not only because they were delicious but also because the waitress (Romana) was so considerate and warm-hearted. She remembered what I liked and suggested things a mi gusto. What an amazing person!

I definitely will stay at this hotel again when I am back in NYC next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad that our location worked out for you. You are right, we are close to the majority of the Manhattan subway stations.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with the highest standards of service in the hospitality industry and I am happy Romana met those expectations.

...Please come back soon and thanks again!