“Very Nice but Very Small!”

Carvi Hotel New York
Ranked #237 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Carvi. The location was awesome! Only three blocks from the subway station and many tourist sights. Even though the room was small, it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly. If you are traveling alone or with a friend, this is a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Speechgirl36
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Speechgirl36,

Thank you for you lovely comments! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we can see you again next time you're in New York City!

Regards,
Victor

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The location is convenient, and the room is ok ... but $370 for an average room in New York in October still feels steep ...
I had a room with two twin beds, fairly appointed with a nice TV, and eccentric cofee maker and an iron and no ironing board.
The bathroom had nice supplies, but the shower was the smallest I have ever seen!
Free wireless was easy to access and worked well.
I was a bit surprised ... if I'm paying $370 + taxes for a room, I expect the hotel might have onsite dining options, rather then recommending the questionable restaurant across the road.
I do have to say that all the staff were very nice and helpful, (and, though it doesn't matter to me, if you are Brazilian they have a focus).

Room Tip: Try to get a room as high as posisble ...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Ian_Ro
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear, Ian_Ro,

I apologize for your experience at Carvi Hotel not living up to your expectations. We are a small property which limits some of our amenities such as on-site dining options; but that is no excuse for the scarce recommendations for restaurants in the area. We appreciate your comments as all reviews help us improve our operation. I assure you, your words will not go to waste and hopefully next time we can absolutely blow you away!

Regards,

Victor

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I would recommend! Clean, quiet, discrete. Center of everything. I actually hesitate to put a review up because I don't want EVERYONE to know! ;-) I wish I would have been able to put the great outdoor patio to more use, but I was only staying one evening.

The only suggestion I would make has to do more with ATT cell phone service. But that seems to be an issue all over NYC, not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank oneofaklein

First off we are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit only for one night! Maybe you can join us for a longer stay next time! We appreciate all the comments we receive, good and bad but reading comments such as yours makes us very proud of our New York City gem! Thank you again and see you next time!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

small but very convient and reasonable considering midtown manhattan location. My wife and I have stayed here on three seperate ocations in the past three months on buisness. The hotel has always been very clean and comfortable, and the staff professional and curteous. Not recomended for large familys.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Location of Carvi Hotel is really convenient to visit many of New York Attractions and point of interest. Also, Metro station is near.
As many of reviewers wrote, rooms are a bit smaller then usually, but you have whole comfort. We were at Carvi at summertime, so, with less baggage, and don’t have problems with closets, what could maybe happened at winter.
Room was clean and in good shape, bed very comfortable with high quality linens, whole appliances in function, wi-fi also with good speed.
Regarding on what Carvi hotel offers, it earns 5 point, I gave them only 4 because of fact that there is no restaurant, bar, no possibility for breakfast etc.
I would recommend to my friend Carvi. I try to book room for next year, but that is very difficult: hotel is more or less already book for whole 2013.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Very smart, clean, well appointed hotel. Tucked away at Lexington and 55th, it is still within walking distance of Central Park, Fifth Avenue, Times Square and the Met...We spent our visit walking everywhere and it was great to come back to such a comfy room. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I travel all over for business, this is one of the worse hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay away,, bugs in bathroom and bedroom...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo