“I enjoyed the stay in Carvi Hotel.”

Carvi Hotel New York
Ranked #200 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rome, Italy
“I enjoyed the stay in Carvi Hotel.”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Good placement, clean rooms, quiet, warm environment. Just a little noise problems caused by air conditioning the building side, but nothing that can not be overcome with plugs for sleeping.
I enjoyed the stay in the Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Antonio S,

Thank you for taking time to leave us such a great review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Victor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Paris
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I am very happy I tried this new place. The size of the hôtel is reasonable so I felt spécial for the staff. They gave me lots of good tips (where to get the métro with easiest entrance, where to get what I need in the neighboorhood) showing availability and courtesy.
I was alone in a double room so did not suffer from the lack of Space and by the way the room size is totally acceptable for New York city standards.
The room was very clean. For breakfast we have à voucher at the dîner indeed (did not tory so cant say anything) but also a starbucks at the corner! So Nice! The neighboorhood is nice too, Thére is a big pharmacy (duarne) whère you can find all you need! i Will definitely Côme back next Time I go to nyc and they said I would have 10% off!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Mathildenz,

Thank you for such a great review and hope you had a safe trip home to Paris!

We are so glad that we made you feel comfortable here. Our staff loves making a difference in guest's stays so thank you again for the lovely comments!

See you next time,
newyork
Reviewed 16 January 2014

After trying a dozen hotels in Manhattan last year, I decided Carvi Hotel is my favorate. The people at the hotel are wonderful and professional. A very quiet block in a great location with an access to many subway lines. It has everything I need - a small fridge, free wifi, free access to a computer and a printer in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank newyorkscuba400
Dear newyorkscuba400,

We are so glad to hear that we are your home away from home! Thank you for taking some time to leave us a comment and hope to see you again!

Gourock
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Carvi Hotel could quite easily missed in the midst of Manhattan. We were met by a very personable receptionist who's smile was most welcoming. We were booked into a small room without a window. We asked at once if there was a room with a window available. The answer was in the affirmative, so we decided to upgrade at once. While we did get a room with a window, we were looking directly into an office. The room being at the rear of the property, was very dark, and with office workers looking on, we decided to close the blinds, and curtains to have some privacy.
There was no restaurant in the hotel, but we were given a Discount Coupon for a small Diner located across the street. They advertised a 24 hour Room Service, so we did ask for Ice one evening. We later discovered that the porter who brought the Ice, had to go across the street to the afore mentioned Diner to get the Ice. This hotel was alright for someone adventurous, but not for somebody who preferred a little less of the "Faulty Towers" type Hotel.
We did enjoy our stay, but then we have a little bit of a "Sense of Humour", something we could tell our grand children about, if we had any grand children!

Room Tip: don't go back to this hotel if you wish to have a drink in the bar, there is none. Don't go...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank clydeport
Dear clydeport,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that overall your stay was successful!

As we all know, space is the toughest thing to come in New York City. What we do to make up for our boutique scale is providing friendly service; it sounds like we succeeded in making you feel safe and comfortable!

I hope you had a safe trip home and hope to see you again!

Sewickley, PA
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I am somewhat at a loss as to how I feel about this hotel. Positives: courteous staff; clean rooms; good location near where I had a meeting (2 1/2 blocks). Negatives: the room was a bit small, even by NYC standards, albeit well arranged to use all of the available space and adequate for one person - couples be warned; the hotel itself is a lobby, rooms, and a small roof deck, so there are no amenities to speak of; the prices were higher than one might expect for the accommodations. To be fair, I was there in December, when rates are always higher in the city, so I can't say what they might have been in relation to the competition. I can say that when I stayed at the Omni Berkshire last month I paid over $100 less per night for a full service hotel with a somewhat larger and somewhat nicer room. So, on balance, I didn't dislike the place, but neither did it engage my interest on any level other than the fact that I could walk where I was going in just about five minutes. They provided a coupon for 10% off at a good, friendly, reasonably-priced diner across the street and another coupon upon checkout for 10% off my next stay, which was a nice gesture.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Oberst06
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Oberst06.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay! We understand your concerns regarding our property due to the lack of size. If our guests are not 100% satisfied, then we certainly are not either. Having said that, please take comfort in the fact that your comments have not gone unnoticed. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our property so thank you for your honest feedback! Hopefully we have another chance to exceed your expectations instead of meeting, or falling short of them.

Regards,
Clinton, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent service. The room was very clean. The TV didn't work too well, but we got by fine as we spent very little time in the room. Very nice having PJ Clarke's very close by. In all we were very satisfied with our accommodations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear DavidBSaranac ,

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be sure to check the TV in your room so thank you for letting us know. Hope you got the Cadillac Burger at PJ Clarkes!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just south of Central Park and in convenient distance to the UN Headquarters, the Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue, and Times Square, this slim but tall hotel is inconspicuously tucked away in the front of houses off 55th Street. Staff are friendly although check-in took a little while, and the room was only ready mid-afternoon (one is welcome to wait on the roof-top terrace). No food is served in the hotel, neither are there other facilities (gym etc.), but wireless internet is complementary, and a diner across the road offers breakfast discounts to hotel guests. Due to the layout of the building, many rooms would not have windows / natural light (mine didn’t) which plunge guests into a confused state of timelessness. The bathroom was very modern and pleasant, and there was a coffee machine on the room with a selection of coffees and decafs (percolator though, not espresso). Use of the desktop computer and printer in the reception area is free for guests which I much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank veepka
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear veepka,

Hope you had a safe trip home! I'm so glad to hear that your time in NYC was made better by our staff and hotel!

Hope to see you again!